• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benners

Isle Of Man Tt

Benners   

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this fantastic race (races) held on public roads. Only the bravest riders take to this circuit which really separates the men from the boys - no sissy riders with diamond ear studs or pretty highlighted hair.

ITV 4 have been showing it live for the last few years & it makes compelling viewing for anyone who has ever ridden a motorcycle.

Yesterday in the senior event Guy Martin came so close to winning gold, let's hope he does it next time out. But it doesn't really matter who wins it because all the riders are so passionate about the event. Nice to see John McGuinness at 39 years old winning a couple & the Dunlops brothers have been mixing-it well.

No official racing today, it's "Mad Sunday" every type of vehicle is banned from the circuit except for bikes & Joe public can ride without speed limits between the towns. I did it 25 years ago & it's incredible.

You just have to try to avoid being one of the 2 deaths that occur each year for this particular day's event!.

Benners   

It should be banned.

Well, as Guy Martin said "the nannies can always mow the lawn as an alternative".

Why would you ban it 'TorresTheBlue'?.

Hi Benners,

Superb coverage by ITV 4 last week. I've never been to the TT, but it's on my bucket list. How these guys do it is beyond me. Diesel,manhole covers, white-lines, sunshine down low and mist and rain up top!

How the hell Dan Kneen stayed on in the Seniors Race I will never know ( it's at 14 mins on the video )

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=246928

Not sure who was crapping it the most,Dan or the cameraman.

Tragedy is part and parcel of the TT and all the riders know it. RIP Derek Brien,Bill Currie and Kevin Morgan. Bravest of the Brave.

I've always wanted to have a go at being a passenger on a side-car, just appeals to me, a bit like Bungee-Jumping. It's got to be done.

As for banning it, do me a favour. Man will always find something to push the for the limits and beyond.

If any of you watched a series in the 90's, They Who Dare, you will understand. Just because you do not want to take a risk, doesn't mean that it should be band for those who do.

Well, as Guy Martin said "the nannies can always mow the lawn as an alternative".

Why would you ban it 'TorresTheBlue'?.

It's too dangerous in my opinion.

Some epic racing again this year and a good decision to cancel the Senior TT race due to the conditions.

How this guy still lived,I don't know? It's from 2010.

It's that time of year again. I take my hat off to the boys and girls who race there,truly breath-taking stuff. Lap record has gone again,over 131mph. That's the average speed,as they take some corners at over 140mph+. Jumps at 160mph!!!

For some,the only way to live,is to be close to death. I for one,salute them all.

TT races are too dangerous for 2013 in my opinion. Surely they could keep the races, but make them much safer. Perhaps they could have a speed limit of 5-10 mph? or higher than that if they think it could be safe.