• Current Donation Goals

Bluebreezer54

Rip Amy Winehouse

The 27 year old singer was found dead at her flat in North London just before 4pm this afternoon. Sad but inevitable unfortunately.

JaneB   

We all have choices in life and sadly Amy's have led to this very sad day which I think everyone knew would happen sooner rather than later. No amount of love and support from those close to you can change anything if you yourself don't want to change.

Every sympathy to her parents and family.

syza   

I love her music,and that's how I'll remember her,rather than as someone who threw her life away when she had all the talent in the world.

RIP, condolences.

Ando   

She has wasted her own life. It's like she wanted to die. Condolences only to the ones that are grieving over her.

Sir   

What a talent, and what a waste. She had one of the most incredible voices, no need for computers and all the crap that so many have with their songs, she was just a seriously talented individual. What a shame, what a real shame. So many people tried to help her, and for whatever reason it didn't work. Thoughts are with her family for sure. RIP, Amy.

All those people mindlessly murdererd in Norway yesterday and this woman, who's been killing herself for years, will be spoken about longer because of her 'talent' and her age. what about the 15-25 year olds massacred on that island, all of those were talented in their own way - a sign of the times we live in

R.I.P. and condolences to her family and friends

Guest Louder Than Ritalin   
Guest Louder Than Ritalin

Feel for her family.

No sympathy for her.

So it is sad that Ryan Dunn died but yet you have no sympathy for someone who has died fighting a horrific addiction?

As many on here know I had the pleasure of interviewing her a few years ago not long after her 'sham' Marriage to Blake Fielder-Civil and she was an absolute gem of a Girl. The media impression of her from the papers that we are so quick to deride on here was only a small part of who she actually was.

As Tony Bennett stated just last week she had the best Jazz voice around and he hoped that she could get over her demons.

It is so easy and ignorant to look at the addiction and assume that this was the only problem but if you do a bit of background reading on her you will see that she was an intensely vulnerable Girl and it wasn't hard for her to use 'crack' as a form of escapism. Add to the mix the people that have surrounded her as soon as she hit the limelight and gradually encouraged her down a road of self destruction.

I for one think it is an absolute travesty and also believe it is a sad indictment of society that we can so easily turn our nose up at someone who had a problem.

What really gets me is recently she was recording in St Lucia and was on record saying that she had not touched hard drugs for almost 3 years, she did swap Class A's for alcohol though. Then we have the gig in Serbia that she was rushed into and naturally she used alcohol as a crutch in order to get through the gig with disastrous consequences. The media then tore her to shreds, playing videos after video of her calamitous onstage performance. What sort of effect do you think this would have on a Girl already incredibly vulnerable and fighting an addiction that none of you could even imagine.

In a perverted way I'm glad she is now a member of the Forever 27 Club as she will always be remembered. RIP.

Edited by Louder Than Ritalin