• Current Donation Goals

AnniHilat0R

Official: Thibaut Courtois Departs for Real Madrid

This decision is a no brainer for me. Cech has been steadily declining. His command of the box in aerial ball situations has been somewhat erratic the last two seasons and led to goals shipped in. Simply put, he's steadily become hesitant to attack aerial balls (which used to be one of his areas of strength).

The only concern with regards to courtois is whether he can handle the pressure of filling the shoes of a club legend especially one who will still be active for 5+ years from now.

I don't what people are seeing here. But the first goal is partly his fault. Please have a look at the replays. Too slow to react, he was rooted like Ramos was taking a penalty. He didn't follow the cross at all. Just not his day I guess.

Sarin   

Any goalkeeper makes mistakes, or misjudges a situation.

The thing that hypes up Courtois is his consistency.

His mistakes are rare. They happen, as to any player.

Most of the time though, he gets it right.

Edited by Sarin

GK has to be the shittiest position in any team as your mistakes are always highlighted but it seems with Courtois and previously with Cech you have to look pretty hard to find them.

Come back Courtois your time is now.

Love Cech but its not about sentiment its about advancing our team

Really don't see this decline of Cech that some are saying, I think he looks as good and as strong as ever. If theoretically we never had Cortious under contract then I guarantee 99% of you wouldn't be calling for Cech to be replaced.

Andyn   

Really don't see this decline of Cech that some are saying, I think he looks as good and as strong as ever. If theoretically we never had Cortious under contract then I guarantee 99% of you wouldn't be calling for Cech to be replaced.

The fact is though courtious is under contract , personally I would bring him back . Good problem to have though wont go to far wrong either way.

Yup.

We'd be calling him Joe Hart or the new Cassillas or the new Paul Robinson.

chara   

As with Luiz..head over heart......when PC arrived thought it was a bit strange as Carlo was playing well and didn't need replacing at that time..however it was the right long term move....I don't think PC is finished at all and has at least 3 seasons in him..but....there is the recent surgery and the elbow(?) injury ..if this is a factor going forward the club will look silly if Courtois is not brought back.

After many years of seeing players moving on ..always hurts to see .....feel maybe this is the time to grasp the nettle and see if the lad has the bottle for the Prem..one season with the two should see a resolution of the issue.

Thibaut Courtois: "I received a phone call from Mourinho a few weeks ago. But the conversation stays private."

https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/473393616531243009

I reckon he'll be brought back. I doubt Jose would have called him to say he's gonna be sold or will be sent back on loan. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Holymoly   

Never really saw the need to replace Cudicini when we did but it all turned out for the best. Petr has achieved everything and was probably the best keeper in the league last season but can we afford to let Courtois to go to a rival? If Cech was prepared to play understudy and maybe even move into coaching it would be the best of both worlds.