• Current Donation Goals

AnniHilat0R

Official: Thibaut Courtois Signs New 5 Year Contract

chara   

For as long as I have been watching the game and Chelsea there have been "loved" players. The list is long over the years but usually only 3 maybe four at one time.Sometimes more sometimes less.

This question has me thinking about the present squad. JT of course...Costa in his own way..maybe Dave but then it goes,for me, a bit flat.

Courtois?.had great hopes for him and his first season looked as if we had one for the future..it was ridiculous that year how he effortlessly took high balls but after the red card and injury he seems to have lost his way. A side imploding in front of him certainly didn't help and now there is no PC to push him for every game,

I tend to be too harsh and too soft on keeper views. I didn't watch the Liverpool game due to a hospital apt,a 120 mile round trip, and my wife needing to visit the mall (another 500 miles of stress) but watched the goals ( I recorded the game but couldn't find it in myself to watch it..too painful!) and I am convinced if JT had been there the first goal would have been prevented as JT surely would not have let four players to be at the far post unmarked. The goal keeper also has a responsibility to organize the defence and if TC didn't spot the problem then we have a problem.

48 minutes ago, chara said:

For as long as I have been watching the game and Chelsea there have been "loved" players. The list is long over the years but usually only 3 maybe four at one time.Sometimes more sometimes less.

This question has me thinking about the present squad. JT of course...Costa in his own way..maybe Dave but then it goes,for me, a bit flat.

Courtois?.had great hopes for him and his first season looked as if we had one for the future..it was ridiculous that year how he effortlessly took high balls but after the red card and injury he seems to have lost his way. A side imploding in front of him certainly didn't help and now there is no PC to push him for every game,

I tend to be too harsh and too soft on keeper views. I didn't watch the Liverpool game due to a hospital apt,a 120 mile round trip, and my wife needing to visit the mall (another 500 miles of stress) but watched the goals ( I recorded the game but couldn't find it in myself to watch it..too painful!) and I am convinced if JT had been there the first goal would have been prevented as JT surely would not have let four players to be at the far post unmarked. The goal keeper also has a responsibility to organize the defence and if TC didn't spot the problem then we have a problem.

If you can force yourself to watch it, check out the first 2 mins when he nearly chucked one into his own net. He made one cracking save in the second half but both goals had me thinking. The shot from distance was a great strike make no doubt, however IMO he was too far off this line (past the 6 yard box I think) . He is 6'7" and when it looped over him he was no where near it, I mean miles way. How can that be for someone of his size? 

As you say, the first goal he should be taking control of his area. He sees better than anyone those 4 spare players. He should have been screaming at his defenders to see the threat. I don't think he would scream if someone dropped a concrete post on his big toe.... he's just not that type. 

^I think the loop on that shot would have beaten anyone not actually standing on the goal line and at the far post.
And chuck one into the net is a gross exaggeration for that shot he saved and landed on.  I seem to recall Cech a week ago have one bounce off his back and in.

I'm not sure how much this picture proves one way or another, but it is a great picture so..  He does at least get his hand up to the bar height.

CsgAwQkW8AAbi30.png:medium

I don't like all this bitching about players.  If they were that crap then the manager would pick someone else, as I am constantly being told.

I think Courtois gets some fair and some unfair criticism but to criticise him for Henderson's goal is a bit ott in my opinion. As much as I hate them and him sometimes you just have to applaud things. It was an absolutely stunning strike, which no keeper saves.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

I think Courtois gets some fair and some unfair criticism but to criticise him for Henderson's goal is a bit ott in my opinion. As much as I hate them and him sometimes you just have to applaud things. It was an absolutely stunning strike, which no keeper saves.

True. 

But it would be nice if he started saving the ones which all keepers saves.

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

True. 

But it would be nice if he started saving the ones which all keepers saves.

Cheers Mark, been a **** day and that made me proper laugh. 

What you say is maybe a little tongue in cheek but is not far from the truth at all. Although it made me laugh, it really isn't a laughing matter, unless your the rest of the premier league looking at what an absolute mess we have become.

The decision to let him and his agent force us into making him number 1 and letting one of the best goalkeeper's of his generation, one of the best this country has ever seen, certainly the greatest we have ever had and an absolute legend, leave is right up there with the biggest mistakes this club has made. And that is saying something 

11 minutes ago, Dingus said:

I don't like him but that seems a bit of a stitch up job to me.

However, I'll help him pack , you drive him to the airport.

Stim   

Gotta wait for that transfer ban to end. Doubt he wants to go back THAT bad.

Edited by Stim

chelboy   

I think we should start looking at Butland to replace him. Tibo will be gone in the next 2 years. Him mentioning that RM thing really annoyed me. Very unnecessary comment.