AnniHilat0R

Official: Thibaut Courtois Signs New 5 Year Contract

1,553 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Courtois has done his bit in this team to keep us at the top. Credit to him.. I have often expressed reservations about him but he stands a great chance of capturing the third league title of his young career. And if we should go on to win the league, he can certainly feel that he did his part as  he pulled off some crucial saves on Saturday alone against Arsenal.

The save from the Welbeck header was excellent. Pitching and spinning away into the corner, he not only had to leap to get a hand on it, but also make sure he tipped it past the post, as Giroud was there to tap it in. Almost two saves in one really, and kept the score at 2-nil. 

16 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

I felt a bit for Cech there, wonderful servant for us. As for Courtois he has really upped his game this season though I think some of that is as much to do with good organisation in front of him than him organising his defence. I dont think that he is that kind of keeper. But credit to him for some eye catching saves recently.

I was (and still am, although from what I have seen of Arsenal this year I do feel his powers are waning) a big Cech fan, but my one criticism of him throughout the time he was here was that I must have sat directly behind him 40-50 times and not once heard a peep out of him compared to the noise opposition keepers made after the switch round. I don't get the impression he was that kind of leader.

Courtois seems a bit noisier IMO.

Considering generally how little he has to do he still ends up having a couple of class saves in each game