• Current Donation Goals

AnniHilat0R

Official: Thibaut Courtois Signs New 5 Year Contract

ifan   

If he doesn't suffer any serious injury Cech is on course to being our number 1 for the next decade.

From that point of view this move makes absolutely no sense. In 3 years time Cech will still be the best keeper in the world.

Anything can happen in the future. Perhaps the club feels that the goalkeepers from the Academy aren't good enough yet, thats why they sign Thibaut. Anyway we can always sell him if we don't need him in the future.

Anything can happen in the future.

Sure - if Cech gets seriously injured this season we'll have to buy yet another keeper because Courtois won't be ready for a couple of years or more.

Anyway we can always sell him if we don't need him in the future.

Except that they will be buying a player on a fat contract instead of one on a youth contract. We've done this argument to death, selling some kids on for the odd million and letting others go for free is an economic disaster.

sideshow   

I've seen him in action numerous times last season and he really is a great player with a great work ethic.

I might be a little biased, but I really believe he can compete with Cech in 4-5 years.

His reflexes are of the charts, but he has to work on catching the ball instead of deflecting it.

Sir   

So..... Has he played much for Atleti in pre-season?

Sir   

As in earlier Europa league games Joel is starting for Atletico with Courtois on the bench.

I guess young Thibaut will have to wait for his turn in the sticks. Amazed Joel is starting, though, many Atletico fans have been saying he's a liability.

Sir   

Oh for fu..

A twisted knee? That's rather bad news, isn't it?!

I thought the general consensus amongst Atleti fans was anger at the fact that they'd brought in Courtois on loan when they had such a good goalkeeping prospect of their own in Joel?

Anyway, they've built a bloody good side with the proceeds of the de Gea and Aguero transfers. Falcao, Turan, Adrian, Miranda and Silvio all coming in. Really do hope that Courtois gets a good run in the side but it's starting to look doubtful.

Our keepers seem cursed atm!

Not just keepers, most of our young signings, Pirez Delac Affane Prosenik to many, even that whispered Brazilian target Felipe Bezzera too, god knows what happened to that rumor. Can't remember the whole list but loads of players who sign for us are injured immediately.