• Current Donation Goals

AnniHilat0R

Thibaut Courtois Departs

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You are going to bizarre lengths to try and argue why his move to Madrid had nothing to do with his children. 

She just ran a thousand miles after getting 2 months pregnant
A lot of very famous players have gone to RM for the money.  Nobody needs to wrap it up with excuses (and it doesn't help Courtois reputation any either).  
I struggle to see why we need to imagine being in the same city as kids he won't see makes any difference.  He'll be in Tenerife on his holidays again.

37 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If she stays in the same city.  

She's Madrid born & bred. All her family are in Madrid. She came to London with him and never settled (something he mentioned a few times in the early days... I seem to remember him even saying that she would regularly fly home to Madrid because she missed the weather, the food and the general way of life). I got the feeling they split up because she wanted to move back permanently (yes he did have an affair with KdB's then girlfriend, on whom KdB had just cheated with her best friend... complicated, eh?...but that was before he and his now ex got together) Obviously things change, but I suspect she'll be staying in Madrid.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

She's Madrid born & bred. All her family are in Madrid. She came to London with him and never settled (something he mentioned a few times in the early days... I seem to remember him even saying that she would regularly fly home to Madrid because she missed the weather, the food and the general way of life). I got the feeling they split up because she wanted to move back permanently (yes he did have an affair with KdB's then girlfriend, on whom KdB had just cheated with her best friend... complicated, eh?...but that was before he and his now ex got together) Obviously things change, but I suspect she'll be staying in Madrid.

My bet is that we will see one or two pre-packaged photo opportunities of Courtois and kids, and then nothing again for the rest of his career.  

14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

My bet is that we will see one or two pre-packaged photo opportunities of Courtois and kids, and then nothing again for the rest of his career.  

Already happened , during his unveiling at Madrid where he also kissed the badge and said he had never kissed the badge before but this is where he's always wanted to be and it was a dream come true .

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Already happened , during his unveiling at Madrid where he also kissed the badge and said he had never kissed the badge before but this is where he's always wanted to be and it was a dream come true .

The unveiling pics and intereview were cringe. Kissing the badge, apologising for telling Real fans to f themselves up their own... clearly salty that CFC fans (best in the world) were not happy with him, encouraging Hazard to leave and saying he has always dreamed of Real. Didn't show a shred of class, consistent with his existence so far. Despite obvious failings by the board the more this plays out the more he looks like a cretin.

This is a difficult one for me to be objective on because I don't like him, I think he's a liar, I don't rate him much as a keeper and he has a stupid haircut. 

You see what chance do I have of making a balanced opinion on whether his kids were his main motivation for moving? 

However.....I do know that he arrived at this club as a great prospect but at the time we had in place one of the finest keepers ever to wear the Chelsea shirt. A true legend who had won everything there was to win at club level and was still at the top of his game (the season before Cech had won the Golden Gloves and the season after he left us he won it again). At a time of upheaval and as an end to a glorious Chelsea era was drawing to a close, Cech presence between our sticks would have been immense. 

Courtois could have learnt a lot from Cech but he wasn't interested.  I strongly suspect that Courtois said "I'm not fighting for my place; if I come back to Chelsea I will only do it as their number one keeper".  And that's pretty much what happened.  No battle for the shirt, just Cech walking to the subs bench with much dignity. He was given the Carling Cup to play in and even got to the final. However the look on Courtois face at the final whistle was an indication of the anger he felt at not being picked for that final despite  it being Cechs only tournament. Nob.

'But not to worry' many would say,  'Courtois is the future...it's worth sacrificing Cech for a keeper who will be here 10 years'. 

His letter was pathetic. Especially wishing to thank all the players and coaches and technical staff. Yes the ones he couldn't even be bothered to come and say goodbye to because he was effectively on strike. 

I've no doubt he'll spend his time in Madrid sending Hazard Instagrams and WhatsApps on how fab it is to play for a proper club, and he must try it sometime. 

I didn't like him when he arrived, I didn't like when he was here and I like him even less now he's gone.He hasn't dropped in my opinion because there's nowhere left to drop. 

I may be biased but  I'm consistent.

Stop sitting on the fence, Nobbly... tell us how you really feel! 😉

Sir   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

And they had the money, obviously. 

Perhaps I wasn’t clear. Have him as in ‘have’ him, seeing as he only wanted to go to Madrid. Let’s give him his wish and dump him to Getafe. Obviously I was using some tongue in cheek but I guess you missed it or I wasn’t clear enough.