• Current Donation Goals

AnniHilat0R

Thibaut Courtois Departs

22 hours ago, Don Keebles said:

Some players show real class after joining another club, ( Torres springs to mind ) others, as in this case, don't.

Quite. But that was 100% to be expected. A classless man is bound to act classless. 

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Gary Cahill ?

A player who has won league titles , won domestic trophies and played 61 times for a country that just finished 4th at the the World Cup ?

That Gary Cahill ?

I seem to remember he also played a few seasons with a bloke called John Terry. 

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

I seem to remember he also played a few seasons with a bloke called John Terry. 

They were talking on radio today about JT being a free agent and maybe United and JM should nab him .

I'm not sure about United, but in our back four right now we could do worse.

Rob B   
3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

They were talking on radio today about JT being a free agent and maybe United and JM should nab him .

I'm not sure about United, but in our back four right now we could do worse.

Suicidal with the high line we play now!

Would love to have him back in a different capacity though 

paulw66   
12 hours ago, Rob B said:

Suicidal, full stop. He's nearly 38. Not like we are short of centre halves. 

19 hours ago, Rob B said:

But do you feel safe with Luis there? I mean it's never going to happen but if we play a high line we need some bloody discipline and a tactical awareness of that position. 

I've been told that Luiz and Rudiger are more suited to a 3 in a three, that Christenson's not ready (which he's not) , Cahill is past it (which he may be), Ampedu is too young and Zouma is out on loan. Quite frankly if Terry was in our squad I wouldn't run screaming to the hills.  

Sciatika   

I tend to think that, with the high line we play, we are likely to concede chances irrespective of the people in defence. I think Sarri accepts the risk and plays to score more than the opposition. We have been a bit lucky so far. If Ake had put away his chance and the same for the Arsenal attack, we could be midtable. However, it will get better. I think he plays the combination of Luiz and Rudiger because we need Rudiger's pace for the high line and because both are good at converting defence to attack very quickly. Sarri wants to play the game in the opposition half. But, with the best will in the world, we will concede chances. I can imagine a central defence of Zouma and Christensen doing the same role.

Just the 5 goals that Courtois picked out the back of his net at the weekend then. All seems to be going swimmingly over in sunny Madrid!

Kezza   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Just the 5 goals that Courtois picked out the back of his net at the weekend then. All seems to be going swimmingly over in sunny Madrid!

He's there for the kids so I doubt this will bother him one bit.

• Haha 2

Ham   
7 hours ago, Kezza said:

He's there for the kids so I doubt this will bother him one bit.

😅👍