• Current Donation Goals

AnniHilat0R

Thibaut Courtois Departs

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Of course the double whammy hopefully is that Conte takes over and Hazard pens a new deal here.

There are reports that Conte's talks have failed with RM.  The spin is that Conte has rejected RM's offer, but that reads too much like the Conte spin to be taken too seriously.

I hope that Chelsea are blocking the move still.  Obviously the board have been angry with Conte from 2017 when he signed a big pay increase but then tried to get away to RM just a few months later.  Either Chelsea are determined to block any move by Conte out of sheer spite, or are simply demanding a pay off from RM that it too big.
Either motive is good IMO, though I prefer spite.  Conte was completely out of order in signing and not committing.

If Conte is stalling because he want's the £10 M he believes he's due then IMHO if it means we keep Hazard  £10 M is a drop in the ocean considering what we'd need to fork out to replace him.

Rumour is that Snakey is canvassing for Martinez , and you can bet your bottom dollar that odious little turd will be straight on the blower to Hazard if he should get the job.

It's certainly a possibility given that Ramos has also come out and reminder the board that Madrid have won more recently with a laid back coach rather than a martinet.

The majority of reports are that Conte is no longer favourite due to his demands, 2.5 year contract, too much money, demands they sign two players. The most likely scenario for me is that they want a stop gap before going for Poch at the end of the season therefore anything longer than a one year contract for Conte and whatever pay off we would be due would make it unviable for such a short term appointment. I don't think they see him as a long term option due to his management style (both with players and board) and brand of football not being very Madrid, albeit he would be good at steadying the ship. They have to appoint somebody, either a new coach or Solari, permanently in the next 14 days due to rules in Spain so we won't wait long to find out.

27 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The majority of reports are that Conte is no longer favourite due to his demands, 2.5 year contract, too much money, demands they sign two players. The most likely scenario for me is that they want a stop gap before going for Poch at the end of the season therefore anything longer than a one year contract for Conte and whatever pay off we would be due would make it unviable for such a short term appointment. I don't think they see him as a long term option due to his management style (both with players and board) and brand of football not being very Madrid, albeit he would be good at steadying the ship. They have to appoint somebody, either a new coach or Solari, permanently in the next 14 days due to rules in Spain so we won't wait long to find out.

It does seem daft to me to baulk at someone who wants to sign a 2.5 year contract .

What do they want ? A rolling one year contract ? This from the biggest club in the World ( apparently ).

Two new players ?

How very dare he . 

PS Not an attack on you whatsoever , more on the reasons the press are giving  when they're playing their usual guessing games anyway.

19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It does seem daft to me to baulk at someone who wants to sign a 2.5 year contract .

What do they want ? A rolling one year contract ? This from the biggest club in the World ( apparently ).

Two new players ?

How very dare he . 

PS Not an attack on you whatsoever , more on the reasons the press are giving  when they're playing their usual guessing games anyway.

If you're only planning on them being in the seat short term then based on a 2.5 year deal on his Chelsea wages and paying off the rest of his contract with us that's £30mil for the rest of the season, even for Real that's a lot of money especially on the back of doing the same to hire and fire Lopetegui. And then a CB and Striker in January to implement his three at the back formation could be £100m+. It all points towards them seeing him as an interim until the end of the season, if the reports are correct. That's my theory anyway, as opposed to Chelsea blocking the move out of spite. Otherwise as you say those things would not be an issue for Real Madrid.

3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

That's my theory anyway, as opposed to Chelsea blocking the move out of spite

There is more than a little wishful thinking in my interpretation I admit.

30 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

more on the reasons the press are giving  when they're playing their usual guessing games anyway.

I think these reasons are more fed by the agents than imagined by the press.  In this case I can only imagine Conte's agent talking off the record right now.

Madrid will want pochettino without any doubt. It's whether or not they can get him now or wait until next season, with a stop gap in charge.

The time for Conte to go to Madrid was after he won the league, since then he has become almost unemployable by any big club. 

PSG, Napoli, Bayern, Arsenal and Madrid have all changed managers. Conte is still unemployed.

16 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Madrid will want pochettino without any doubt. It's whether or not they can get him now or wait until next season, with a stop gap in charge.

On the basis of his 3 Manager of the Month awards in 5 years with Southampton and Spurs?  Or 11th, 8th and 14th in La Liga with Espanyol?

Conte still stands out head and shoulders as the best candidate out there.

16 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

The time for Conte to go to Madrid was after he won the league, since then he has become almost unemployable by any big club. 

PSG, Napoli, Bayern, Arsenal and Madrid have all changed managers. Conte is still unemployed.

Well of course.  Why do you think Chelsea offered him so much more money in July 2017?
Antonio Conte signs new two-year £19.2m Chelsea deal but does not extend his contract

Why so Conte so angry with Chelsea afterwards?

And aren't you proud that Chelsea have blocked him from moving on afterwards?  I am.

Note that Lopetegui signing a Spain extension just 3 weeks before RM hired him, is as much proof as you can have of RM wanting, being sure of getting, but failing to get a high profile manager last summer.  Must have been Conte.

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Note that Lopetegui signing a Spain extension just 3 weeks before RM hired him, is as much proof as you can have of RM wanting, being sure of getting, but failing to get a high profile manager last summer.  Must have been Conte.

He signed his extension four days days before the champions league final when ZZ was still in charge and nobody knew he was leaving and before he 'sensationally' quit 5 days after the final, so I don't think his signing of an extension gives any indication on Madrid's manager search. Lopetegui was hired only 12 days after ZZ quit so they cannot have spent too long chasing their main target, if there was one, or have been too sure for any significant length of time that they would be hired and then gave up

43 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

He has become almost unemployable by any big club. 

Yes, I think he has actually done himself out of being hired in a top job anywhere outside of Italy where he will probably replace Gatusso who is floundering. Is AC Milan even still considered a 'top job'? I think his ego/pride means he won't accept an interim job at Real Madrid.