• Current Donation Goals

AnniHilat0R

Thibaut Courtois Departs

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not decisions, but pretty much all intentions are made by March.
Do you really think managers or clubs wait till after a CL final in late May to decide whether to stay or leave, keep or sack?
It's like Grant in 2008.  Turned out that Scolari had been head hunted in February.

Zz probably decided before the final he was off, doesn't mean he told RM until after (most employees wouldn't especially if it jeopardized winning another trophy) or that they were then chasing managers from March. Just because there is one example of it happening with Solari does not mean every other appointment follows suit.

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

So why would they talk to him now if they had chosen not to go for him in the Summer?

Because the man they chose instead absolutely tanked and nobody else is attainable or available until summer. Reports are that talks broke down over only being offered a one year contract, not buying him any players, that he didn't feel the board all wanted him and concerns over his future squad building. None of that suggests he is or was somebody they want long term. He's their Mr Right Now not their Mr Right. Or we can believe we are cutting off our nose to spite our face based on absolutely nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Zz probably decided before the final he was off, doesn't mean he told RM until after (most employees wouldn't especially if it jeopardized winning another trophy) or that they were then chasing managers from March. Just because there is one example of it happening with Solari does not mean every other appointment follows suit.

Because the man they chose instead absolutely tanked and nobody else is attainable or available until summer. Reports are that talks broke down over only being offered a one year contract, not buying him any players, that he didn't feel the board all wanted him and concerns over his future squad building. None of that suggests he is or was somebody they want long term. He's their Mr Right Now not their Mr Right. Or we can believe we are cutting off our nose to spite our face based on absolutely nothing.

I've never gone along with Droy's assertion that Conte was the man RM wanted originally but couldn't get because Chelsea blocked them at every turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Zz probably decided before the final he was off, doesn't mean he told RM until after (most employees wouldn't especially if it jeopardized winning another trophy) or that they were then chasing managers from March. Just because there is one example of it happening with Solari does not mean every other appointment follows suit.

Seriously?  Sounds a crazy theory to me.  Albeit pretty much how the press have told it to date.  Mind you, given a choice between a modicum of analytical thinking and a quiet private whisper from a club PR man, they will always go for the whisper.

19 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I've never gone along with Droy's assertion that Conte was the man RM wanted originally but couldn't get because Chelsea blocked them at every turn.

I could assert gravity goes downwards, and you'd never accept that either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sea foot   

To be fair Droy, gravity is a force that attracts other bodies to the centre of a mass, not a downward force.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sea foot said:

To be fair Droy, gravity is a force that attracts other bodies to the centre of a mass, not a downward force.

Beat me to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/10/2018 at 9:07 AM, Sea foot said:

To be fair Droy, gravity is a force that attracts other bodies to the centre of a mass, not a downward force.

isn't up generally considered the direct opposite direction to the centre of the mass, so could it be argued that gravity is downward is correct irrespective of the vantage point ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

isn't up generally considered the direct opposite direction to the centre of the mass, so could it be argued that gravity is downward is correct irrespective of the vantage point ?

I think for Bob, his world is axiomatic on dwmh being wrong in all situations, not by commonly shared definitions like up or down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sea foot   
3 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

isn't up generally considered the direct opposite direction to the centre of the mass, so could it be argued that gravity is downward is correct irrespective of the vantage point ?

Surely the vantage point is important as if you stood at the North Pole, gravity would be acting on you in a downward direction but observing the gravity effect from the equator it would seem to travel in a sideways direction.

 

To be honest it could be the whiskey talking or even the added extra ingredient so please disregard if it is complete cack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Surely the vantage point is important as if you stood at the North Pole, gravity would be acting on you in a downward direction but observing the gravity effect from the equator it would seem to travel in a sideways direction.

 

To be honest it could be the whiskey talking or even the added extra ingredient so please disregard if it is complete cack.

so if you laid on the ground gravity becomes sidewards?

 

not being an expert in this field but I strongly suspect the law that force of gravity being a downward motion overrides any individuals momentary perspective 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 8:07 AM, r.bartlett said:

so if you laid on the ground gravity becomes sidewards?

Funny you should say that because not long ago I was on a trecking holiday not far from the equator. I had had a few jars too many of the special local brew late one night. I felt quite unwell as I came out of the establishment so I laid down on the ground to chill and get my bearings. All of a sudden I felt what can only be described as a sideways gravitational pull that slowly increased in speed and force. Thats when I realised my duffle coat had got caught on somebodys tailpipe. A couple of days in A&E and I was fine.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now