• Current Donation Goals

AnniHilat0R

Thibaut Courtois Departs

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Cech, on the other hand, was the absolute model of consistency for the entire span of his career here. The best pound for pound signing of the RA era. 

Hopefully there is a position at cobham for him. 

1 minute ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Hopefully there is a position at cobham for him. 

Well I guess we can't sign him as a player!  So he'll have to help Cuducini, Hilario, Lochillon, Massimo Nenci (Sarri's man) and a 2nd and third GK who are both actually older than Cech by 1 & 3 years.

chara   
4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

But that's the rub - he is off his game too often.

Cech, on the other hand, was the absolute model of consistency for the entire span of his career here. The best pound for pound signing of the RA era. 

Thank you P66.that was a point I was trying to make...."When he is on his game".....how many good keepers in the EPL on occasions (usually at SB itseems!) look like World Beaters?

TC doesn't bring enough mental strength at the minute to his game as far as I can see and until he does and performs at a high level week in week out he is "only" (note " '" ) a top keeper among many more than 5 not in the top 5...could be.... but a bit like Eden...it's week in week out..not the seemingly occasional absolute gold....

4 hours ago, chara said:

Thank you P66.that was a point I was trying to make...."When he is on his game".....how many good keepers in the EPL on occasions (usually at SB itseems!) look like World Beaters?

TC doesn't bring enough mental strength at the minute to his game as far as I can see and until he does and performs at a high level week in week out he is "only" (note " '" ) a top keeper among many more than 5 not in the top 5...could be.... but a bit like Eden...it's week in week out..not the seemingly occasional absolute gold....

Isn’t that exactly what most of the “golden generation” of Belgium suffers from? Hazard, Courtois, De Bruyne and Lukaku. All great players on their day but are having off days far too often. 

Personally I think it’s their attitude.