• Current Donation Goals

AnniHilat0R

Thibaut Courtois Departs

Sir   

Did anyone see the save he did against Celtic the other day? Oh my god, just an incredible save! Clean sheet as well :)

Did anyone see the save he did against Celtic the other day? Oh my god, just an incredible save! Clean sheet as well :)

We have a real gem on our hands from what I've seen of him. But we still have Cech (only 29) that can easily get at least another 7 years off of if not more. So what happens to Courtois? Do we leave him on loan for 7 years, or do we drop Cech before then.

Sciatika   

The only reason for not letting him play would be if anyone were to suspect that he might have a conflict of interest. I am pretty sure noone does so I think he should be allowed to play.

Good, that should certainly be the case as well.

its a shame, he should be able to play he's earned it!, and TBH it would give everyone in the club a true view on how he would play against top opposition (especially for those that don't watch spanish football)

The only reason for not letting him play would be if anyone were to suspect that he might have a conflict of interest. I am pretty sure noone does so I think he should be allowed to play.

Or that it gives us an advantage in that their first choice goalkeeper cannot play so they will have to field a reserve

It's not guaranteed, though. And just not getting him in a situation where he might get this conflict makes sense. Just imagine a fight breaking out on the pitch, which side does he choose? That decision could potentially alienate the relations between parent club (management, players, fans) and loanee.

Apart from that, not using your own resources against you is fairly common sense, one would think...