• Current Donation Goals

AnniHilat0R

Thibaut Courtois Departs

Sciatika   

I'd prefer to beat a full strength side than an under strength side.

3Sphinx   

I'd prefer beating a poor side and winning silverware over losing to a strong one

Would you prefer to lose to a full strength side or win against an under strength side? ;)

Would you prefer to lose to a full strength side or win against an under strength side? ;)

I'm impressed at the way people seem to care whether we win this trumped up Community Shield game. Wish I could build the same kind of enthusiasm but I can't and I certainly won't be attending the trophy parade if the lads bring the super cup back. :)

Meanwhile, I'm surprised about what the Atletico official is reported to have said. As far as I'm aware uefa rules specifically state that any player on loan must be available for selection against his parent club and that individual clubs are not permitted to reach agreements which attempt to overcome this rule. Of course if Atletico have really said this then my recollection has to be wrong but, in that case, Chelsea's position would seem very foolish in my eyes. What on Earth do we gain from denying Thibaut a chance to be involved in this match?

So far we have achieved full marks over Thibaut. Full marks for identifying him as a potential first choice keeper of the future, full marks for signing him when we did and full marks again for putting a clear development plan in place involving 3 seasons of loans. (1 down 2 to go). Why spoil that record now? Stop messing around over a virtually meaningless game and let the kid play.

The only reason for not letting him play would be if anyone were to suspect that he might have a conflict of interest. I am pretty sure noone does so I think he should be allowed to play.

No, but you'd be unlikely to suspect such a thing beforehand.

It's a standard clause, and a good one. A player shouldn't be allowed to play against their own side. In all likelihood they could do so with no problems, but it's best to avoid it entirely.

See where you're coming from junky but the flip side is, if he had a shocker against us it could open up a can of worms at the least set him back in terms of confidence and athletics fans...

Courtois can play against Chelsea according to AS.

..and it's Atlético, not Athletic..

Thanks Zoric. No other decision could possibly have made any sense.

He's confirmed that he's playing on the Supercup Belgian tv. Glad for him, he'll be grateful to the club for letting him play so good decision for all parties involved.

Sir   

He's confirmed that he's playing on the Supercup Belgian tv. Glad for him, he'll be grateful to the club for letting him play so good decision for all parties involved.

Shocking decision, utterly shocking. I don't want an official Chelsea player having a stormer, and preventing us winning the Super Cup, when a probable lesser goalkeeper won't be as good as the one we bloody own!!!!!! Ridiculous.