• Current Donation Goals

AnniHilat0R

Thibaut Courtois

Ham   
6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3815536/Chelsea-goalkeeper-Thibaut-Courtois-worst-Premier-League-save-percentage-Claudio-Bravo-Hugo-Lloris-best.html

His personal motto should be " He shoots , he scores".

Stats can be used to prove anything but he's absolutely stealing a living at the moment.

FB_IMG_1475249009946.jpg

chara   

As stated stats can prove anything but for example the Collins goal for WH was one of those miracle goals that went through a whole bunch of players on target and unstoppable as was the scousers goal..not making excuses for him but as ever the devil is in the detail and the chart shown in no way shows the effectiveness of a keeper.

21 minutes ago, chara said:

As stated stats can prove anything but for example the Collins goal for WH was one of those miracle goals that went through a whole bunch of players on target and unstoppable as was the scousers goal..not making excuses for him but as ever the devil is in the detail and the chart shown in no way shows the effectiveness of a keeper.

... and there were two shots that I firmly believe were mis-hit into the ground and looped over him (though one pundit on MotD claimed it was "great play" to do so) that possibly would have been saved otherwise.

Made at least one world class save today (deflected Snodgrass free kick off Costa)

Nice reminder of what he can do.

Edited by The Fab 4

chara   
12 minutes ago, The Fab 4 said:

Made at least one world class save today (deflected Snodgrass free kick off Costa)

Nice reminder of what he can do.

Agree and I was pleased to see him take high balls the way he started when he returned.

chara   
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 1:34 PM, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

'In this case, think the stats paint the right picture. He is very poor IMO. Shocking that this is a man who displaced Cech. Still baffles me.

Very Poor?....out of form for whatever reason for a while but very poor is way over the top, one can argue that the Cech decision was wrong but I really don't think there are any poor keepers in the EPL. Some are ,obviously, better than others but we can all come up with "average" (EPL) keepers who come to SB and seem to play out of their skins.

Brings to mind something I remember from the Dark Ages...in the crowd at SB Gordon Banks the oppo keeper..comment" That Banks always plays well here" because,of course, he played well everywhere.

Did what he needed to do well against United (aside from that early Herrera shot he could have done a little better with), also nice to see his passion going to the crowd after one of the goals too. Still not sold on him, but maybe these few results are showing an upturn in confidence.

What frustrates me with him is that he doesnt own his box, he seems a bit fixed at times in the comfort of his 6 yard box. There was a good example early yesterday when Dave was forced to put it behind for a corner when Courtois could easily come out and gone down at his feed to claim it.