• Current Donation Goals

AnniHilat0R

Thibaut Courtois

18 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I agree with your sound reasoning here Bob.  One thing I would point out though is that as far as Courtois is concerned himself, he wouldn't find it untoward to tell the club he won't be signing a new deal in July.  I'd guess it's the same with any player in his position.  

It's not "sound reasoning". It's pure and simple fact. Courtois has said for some time that an offer was on the table but no decision would be made until after the World Cup (remember all the stories in the new year surrounding both Hazard's and Courtois' contracts... "I'll sign if he signs"?)

We then have the ridiculous situation of certain posters believing the recent press stories that 'talks have broken down' and others posting 'I've just read in such and such that talks haven't broken down, just delayed' as if it were news hot off the press! It was genuinely news back in January... now, not so much!

3 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

It's not "sound reasoning". It's pure and simple fact. Courtois has said for some time that an offer was on the table but no decision would be made until after the World Cup (remember all the stories in the new year surrounding both Hazard's and Courtois' contracts... "I'll sign if he signs"?)

Which is what he would say if he is thinking about signing it.

And is what he would say if he intended not to sign it.

And is only what he would not say if he was certain to sign it.