• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ubik

Pato

Ubik   

Clearly nonsense, but such imaginative guff, I just couldnt resist posting it, especially when it involves Kalou in an Milan shirt!

http://www.fanatix.com/news/chelsea-plot-sensational-swap-deal-for-milan-hitman-712/

Chelsea are plotting a shock £20million bid for AC Milans Brazilian striker Pato plus either Anelka or Salomon Kalou to sweeten the deal, according to caughtoffside.com.

Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas has identified the 21-year-old as the perfect foil to Fernando Torres, who has scored just the one competitive goal since his £50m switch from Liverpool in January.

The Portuguese tactician will allow the Serie A Champions their pick of either Anelka or Kalou in the player-plus-cash deal.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is known as an admirer of Pato but it is understood to be Villas-Boas who wants to push the deal through.

The Chelsea manager believes his pace and finishing ability will dovetail perfectly with Torres and the three, along with Sturridge will terrify all defences.

Pato is an excellent finisher with both feet and potent in the air despite not being the tallest striker around, he scored 14 times in 25 games last season after suffering a spate of niggling injuries.

Milan would be reluctant to sell one of their prized assets but the money could be used to lure Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli back to the San Siro, following his time at Inter.

Adaemus   

Pato who's been injured/crap since we were last linked with him?

Maybe Kalou plus a fiver would tempt them...

Adaemus   

You'd also have to ask, if we're going for Pato, why didn't we go for Aguero when he was available?

Different players, but close enough to be mutually exclusive...

Because Pato is better? Shame we never got Aguero or Pato when we were after them as we would have a pretty incredible side now. Instead we have Kalou, Anelka and Torres.

Suiko   

Wasn't this originally from crunchsports?

He's injury prone, parties too much for my liking and isn't a natural winger but when healthy he's quality and I actually think this would be fantastic for 20 million plus one of those players. I would bet my house that it doesn't happen though, pure rubbish

Adaemus   

Because Pato is better? Shame we never got Aguero or Pato when we were after them as we would have a pretty incredible side now. Instead we have Kalou, Anelka and Torres.

Oh dear, don't reopen the Pato vs Aguero debate...that raged for months!

nateevs   

21, strong, great technique, great in the air, very welcome.

Under the right tutelage and style of football, could be the best investment.