Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CfcPrideofLDN

Official: Romelu Lukaku Joins Everton

0 posts in this topic

http://www.chelseafc...2412311,00.html

An agreement has been reached with Anderlecht for the transfer to Chelsea of striker Romelu Lukaku.
The move is now subject to the player passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.
Speaking after the win against Rangers, Andre Villas-Boas said:
'He [Lukaku] is a very interesting young prospect and we have to be able to position ourselves to be able to get this kind of talent.'
The son of a former Belgian professional, Roger, 18-year-old Lukaku was born in Antwerp in May 1993, and joined the Lierse academy as a 10-year-old, scoring more than a goal a game in their youth team before being signed by Anderlecht at 13.
He signed a professional contract with the Constant Vanden Stock side on his 16th birthday, and wasted no time in making an impression on the first team, making his debut shortly afterwards and contributing 15 league goals in the title-winning 2009/10 season while still only 16.
Standing 6ft 4ins, Lukaku is a powerful presence with a dangerous left foot, and helped himself to 16 league goals last term, while also scoring his first international goals for Belgium. He has 10 senior caps.

It's unusual that someone has been so one trackminded about joining us, so that's another sign of our status growing in my opinion. That coupled with what looks like a very determined young man, will give him the best possible chance of being successful here.

I'm pleased were continuing to buy with the future in mind.

Delighted! Hopefully a shrewd, long-term signing.

Wonder if he or Modric will get the number 14 shirt? ;D

welcome romelu! was hoping we would wrap this one up for awhile now so I'm quite pleased

What type of force when Lukaku combines with Sturridge, Drogba or Torres?

Quite excited about this signing, but not expecting anything instant.

Many in here believe he is no good and not needed....I'm the totally oppoisite. He is needed and for the future and I much rather see him play than Anelka or Kalou. Welcome.....

He is 18 years old so he might not be needed today. But he will be needed in the future and will be a big player for this club. Those people saying we dont need him are the same idiots that say things like "How come we dont sign young players" or "why do we wait till Aguero is worth 40 million to try and buy him".

Perfect signing by Chelsea to replace Didier.

Wonder if he or Modric will get the number 14 shirt? ;D

First come, first serve is what I always say!! Haha, wonder what the club thinks of it - I guess they do to as they allowed Sturridge to keep his 23 while Luiz shifted to 4. Luka also seems the kind of guy that won't demand his number but switch out of courtesy but then again so does Lukaku.