• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Budgeezer

Alvaro Pereira

Only watched him on about a dozen occasions but he seems like a good, attacking fullback with a rocket of a left foot. Good stamina, though does get caught out positionally from time to time. Is decent 1 v 1, but no where near Ashley from a defensive point of view.

Don't think we need him, as Bertrand and PVA should be allowed to be Ashley's deputies. Could just be similar rumours to the Falcao/Hulk/Moutinho links.

I remember when we played Cluj in Romania & he did some strong runs in our penalty box, one run ended with a side-netting shot, looked good on that day down left. Porto noted his performance & signed him after selling Cissokho to Lyon, almost like for like replacement.

20/20   

Only watched him on about a dozen occasions but he seems like a good, attacking fullback with a rocket of a left foot. Good stamina, though does get caught out positionally from time to time. Is decent 1 v 1, but no where near Ashley from a defensive point of view.

Don't think we need him, as Bertrand and PVA should be allowed to be Ashley's deputies. Could just be similar rumours to the Falcao/Hulk/Moutinho links.

He's actually probably better at left wing, which is a position we could use some strengthening in. He has got an incredible engine though, bit like Ramires in that he never ever stops.

0liver   

Would be a direct replacement to Zhirkov. Can play as LB and LM.

I have to say I'm not a big fan of those versatile players. Too often they end up being decent in many poisitions but not good in any, like Zhirkov. Adriano from Barcelona is one of those examples too.

I think a left back should be a left back.

Siven   

Surprised that we'd go for a LWB instead of a RB. The right side of our flank is still quite weak both in the RW and RB positions. Wouldn't be a pad fit if we wanted a true down the touchline left winger, but then, why not just get a proper left winger?

Surprised that we'd go for a LWB instead of a RB. The right side of our flank is still quite weak both in the RW and RB positions. Wouldn't be a pad fit if we wanted a true down the touchline left winger, but then, why not just get a proper left winger?

yea why can't we invest the money in Juan Mata. He'd be perfect. We have Ash, PVA and Bertrand for that position. That's enough.

Surprised that we'd go for a LWB instead of a RB.

Judging by the 'quality' of the logic in this Burt spec piece, I'd be surprised if we're in for Pereira at all. 2 + 2 = 5 on a slow news day, as far as I can see.

Judging by the 'quality' of the logic in this Burt spec piece, I'd be surprised if we're in for Pereira at all. 2 + 2 = 5 on a slow news day, as far as I can see.

I've just said as much in another thread. And Jason Burt pretty much has zero credibility after this:

It is believed it was Villas-Boas, when he was Jose Mourinho's scout, who convinced Chelsea to spend £10million to sign Parker from Charlton in 2004.'