• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CellSea

Gerard Deulofeu

CellSea   

London rivals consider approach for Barca starlet

The player has reportedly been watched by scouts from both London clubs, who may activate his £3m release clause to bring him to the English capital. Players in Spain are not allowed to sign professional contract until they turn 18, so the player could be snapped up in a similar way to how Arsenal took advantage of the ruling when they signed Cesc Fabregas as a 16-year-old.

Deulofeu has been linked with Chelsea several times before and had even rejected a move to west London a few years ago. However, rumours of interest in the player arose again in March this year and the player may be more inclined to move now seeing that his chances may be limited as Barcelona boast a wealth of young talent, especially as the emergence of Thiago Alcantara may limit his opportunities.

According to reports written about the player, Deulofeu can play as wither a winger, attacking midfielder or a forward. He mostly operates out on the left, but is naturally right-footed and is blessed with pace and trickery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmgbiZTYyAM

A steal at 17 years old?

GJH   
The player has reportedly been watched by scouts from both London clubs, who may activate his £3m release clause to bring him to the English capital. Players in Spain are not allowed to sign professional contract until they turn 18, so the player could be snapped up in a similar way to how Arsenal took advantage of the ruling when they signed Cesc Fabregas as a 16-year-old.

No no no no no. You're asking for trouble. If he grows up to be anywhere near as good as Fabregas is, there will be problems and that saga was tedious enough, even as a Chelsea supporter.

CellSea   

No no no no no. You're asking for trouble. If he grows up to be anywhere near as good as Fabregas is, there will be problems and that saga was tedious enough, even as a Chelsea supporter.

You are right mate! What should we do with Oriel Romeu? Shall we sell him by January?

Codger   

I liked him in Man In The Iron Mask.

Indeed, though I much preferred Jean de Florette.

As an aside, wouldn't it be nice if the transfer window closed once in a while?

GJH   

You are right mate! What should we do with Oriel Romeu? Shall we sell him by January?

Romeu is a different situation. With Busquets as good as he is at a relatively young age where he still has time to improve, it's unlikely Romeu would be getting significant playing time ahead of him. Factor in Mascherano as cover and other talents currently at La Masia and Oriol's situation is understandable. It's very unlikely Barcelona are going to buy him back just for the sake of it. Romeu had a professional contract at Barcelona, he's almost 20 now and can make a considered decision when it comes to leaving Barcelona. Deulofeu is 17, a year older than Fabregas when he went to Arsenal and similarly capable of making a stupid decision he'll regret simply because Barca haven't been able to offer him a proper deal yet. It's not worth the gamble right now.

ish   

I was gonna post this up last week when I noticed it but thought its just a way for his agent to shore up a nice contract.

anyway he is an amazing player, great touch, speed and calm on goal. doesnt really remind me of a natural barcelona player, more madrid in respect that he is more direct then most barcelona players and not exactly a midfielder with some ability else where. Reminds me of torres in the way he plays. For 3 million he would be a bargain, a great player for the future, think of a right footed sturridge.