• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chelsea_Gers

Leverkusen Away 23 Nov

As a Rangers fan first and foremost who travels regularly to away Euro trips, I need my fix of travelling abroad to watch the football and as we (pathetically) have been eliminated all together from Europe already me and few chelsea supporting mates have decided to attend our first Chelsea away european match.

I have a few questions someone may be able to answer

Are most planning on staying in Cologne for this match? (Most Rangers fans done this last time we played them)

How many fans are expected to travel? (whats the norm for group stage away matches)

How are Chelsea end tickets aquired?

Cheers

Rangers & Chelsea

Blue is the colour

JayD   

Welcome to the forum mate, always good to see Gers fans come on. We will take our allocation to the game for sure I reckon. I'm a bit loast minute and will plan my travel a couple of days before we go out there so am unable to confirm on where abouts everyone will be staying. Will drop you a message to let you know of pubs etc when I find out.

Most will travel into Cologne but all the action during the day will almost certainly be in Leverkusen itself. Personally I'm flying back at 7am the next morning so will try and find a pub after the game then think about heading straight back to Cologne airport for a couple of hours kip.

As a group game it should be easy enough to get tickets with a membership so long as you keep an eye out for when they go on sale and get on the website for 7am. As a new ground (for CFC at least) it will be much more popular than Valencia but maybe not as popular as Genk with the Eurostar factor. Either way the group stages are a piece of p*ss to get tickets for compared to the knockouts.

Any decent pubs out there to recommend from the Rangers game?

Hopefully tickets will be easier to come by for this game, unlike Genk.

I`ve booked a Travelodge at Gatwick on the Sunday of the Liverpool home game and fly out with EasyJet 7am Monday morning returning Thursday morning.

Does anyone know how easy it will be to get back to Cologne after the game

Hopefully tickets will be easier to come by for this game, unlike Genk.

I`ve booked a Travelodge at Gatwick on the Sunday of the Liverpool home game and fly out with EasyJet 7am Monday morning returning Thursday morning.

Does anyone know how easy it will be to get back to Cologne after the game

Yes, trains back to Cologne runs basically all night long. After 3am there is only one train every hour until 6ish in the morning but transport back to Cologne should be easy.

Are most planning on staying in Cologne for this match? (Most Rangers fans done this last time we played them)

Personally I'm definately staying in Cologne but I have mates who have decided to stay in Dusseldorf and Leverkusen. Cologne is supposed to be a wicked night out though so my mind is made up!

Day of the game I'll obviously be in Leverkusen but the night before (22 November) I'll be going beserk in Cologne!

How many fans are expected to travel? (whats the norm for group stage away matches)

This is a bit of a tricky one. If we win both our games against Genk we are well on our way to the knockout stages and that might mean less travelling Chelsea supporters. However, as this is a "new" ground for us I'd be very surprised if we didn't sell out.

How are Chelsea end tickets aquired?

With a membership you should be able to get hold of a ticket through the official ticket sales offered from the club.

JayD   

I'm deffinately going to this one now. Will not do Genk. Booking time off today

I'm deffinately going to this one now. Will not do Genk. Booking time off today

Up for sharing a hotel room in Cologne?

JayD   

Up for sharing a hotel room in Cologne?

Sounds like a plan mate, need info on travel costs , whos going and all that

I managed to book a return from Gatwick to Cologne with Easy Jet for £69 inc booking fees/taxes, fly out 7am on Monday 21, fly back 9am Thursday 24, but that was shortly after the dates were confirmed