• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Live Match Thread: Chelsea V Bayer Leverkusen

Sir   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Uefa Champions League match against Bayer Leverkusen, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 19:45 hrs, Tuesday, 13th September 2011, at Stamford Bridge.

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

http://forums.CFCnet...e-live-threads/ *Stream Information*

CFCnet on http://www.facebook....et/148674712495

CFCnet on http://twitter.com/#.../OfficialCFCnet

Here we go again then.

The one trophy missing from our cabinet. I like the players am desperate for us to finally win it. It would be the final part of truly cementing ourselves as one of Europe's elite. However I'm not too confident of going all the way this year, nor do I expect us to. Unless the team continues to steadily improve throughout the season and get lucky draws, I don't think we'll have the quality to win in the latter stages of the competition. As long as we give a good account of ourselves I'll be happy.

However we should breeze through the group.

Cech

Bosingwa-Luiz-Terry-Cole

McEachran-Meireles-Lampard

------------Mata---------

---Drogba----Torres---

They aren't to underestimated, as they won the Bundesliga last year, and I expect a tough game at the BayArena. However I think we'll be far too strong for them at home.

4-0 Torres, Lampard, Drogba, Mata.

Lamps desperate to win the CL.

"We have been been so close, that is very frustrating," said, according to The Sunday Mirror.

"It has been pretty much the same group of players and every year we go in with the same attitude.

"When you have a lot of domestic success, it’s not just the owner Roman Abramovich, but the fans and the team want that extra step forward – which is to win Europe.

"To be fair, the best team in Europe doesn’t always win the European Cup but, as a club, the one thing that is missing from the ­trophy cabinet is the Champions League.

"The pressure is cranked up regardless. We have been cranked up from the minute Mr Abramovich came into the club. There might be more pressure because people harp on about the fact that we have been close a lot of times. But pressure is always there."

Lampard also believes that it will be a much tougher job to win the tournament now, considering the strength that Barcelona possess.

"It seems to get tougher every year because the quality – particularly in Spain and with Barcelona – means the bar has been raised," he said.

"Barcelona are the model. We know that.

"But there is no way that Chelsea are that far behind.

"We have shown we have the ability if it comes to playing Barcelona."

Cech

Bos

Ivanovic

Terry

Cole

Meireles

Ramires

Lamps

Mata

Sturridge

Torres

Easy 4 nil win. Torres will score.

Luiz > Ivan

mceachran > lamps

But I like the look of that formation.

Gilvorak   

Ramires is suspended people. I don't think Drogba is ready for this game either.

Cech

Bosingwa DL JT Cole

Mikel

Meireles Lampard

Sturridge Torres Mata

Ramires needs a rest, so I guess it is good that he's suspended. I personally hope that we're fairly defensive against Man Utd, ie don't push the fullbacks up too much, so need to rest either Bosingwa or Cole (probably the two after Ramires who exert the most energy on a regular basis).

Very keen on seeing Torres, Mata and Sturridge in the same line-up. Regardless of where you stand on Torres, there's no denying we looked our most fluid and threatening we have so far this season with the pace and inventiveness that Sturridge and Mata brought against Sunderland. Will that make a difference to Torres? Only one way to know ...

Hopefully Meireles plays, too. He was very impressive yesterday and I doubt that he needs resting either. I'd also like to see Luiz start and, although I have nothing against Mikel, I feel this could be a good opportunity for Romeu to play, which may be necessary if we are to field a more defense-minded side on Sunday.

Cech

Bosingwa Luiz Terry Cole

Meireles Romeu Lampard

Sturridge Torres Mata

Chel_don   

Romeu and Josh should get a chance Torres to start with Mata and Sturridge ..... Betrand can get a few mins we can give abit of a rest for Cole if the Game is over After 60 Mins we have an eye On Sunday big game....Luiz to get some Match pratice I want him back for sunday. too

I think I'll be fairly happy enough to just get the 3 points and put us in a good position heading into the second game against Valencia as I believe they are bound to be getting 3 points against Genk!