• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Live Match Thread: Chelsea V Swansea City

Sir   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Premier League match against Swansea City, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 15:00 hrs, Saturday, 24th September 2011, at Stamford Bridge.

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

http://forums.CFCnet...e-live-threads/ *Stream Information*

For once, I'd like to see Luiz as DM, but he has played 120 minutes, so is he going to be in the starting 11?

It'll probably be Mikel but I'd like to see this. But I still hope to see Lamps. I'm not convinced that he's done

Cech

Bos------- Ivan-------- JT----- Ash

Meireles-Luiz(Romeu?)-Ramires

Studge(Nico)- Torres- Mata

0liver   

Cech

Bosingwa-Terry-Ivanovic-Cle

Ramires-Mikel-Meireles

Anelka-Torres-Mata

That what the team will be probably, everyone who didn't play or only played partially.

I'd wager that there's zero chance anyone who played the entire of the Fulham game will start. Only Cech, Terry, Lampard and Sturridge (if recovered) will play a part. I presume Alex's suspension starts immediately?

Therefore we'll probably see a return of our typical defence in Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole. Of course Cech will be back in goal.

The midfield depends on how much of a threat we see in Swansea (and I have virtually zero knowledge of Swansea's team). It generally has to be 3 out of Mikel, Ramires, Lampard and Meireles. Otherwise our choice is pretty limited since I doubt Romeu, Josh or Malouda would start. We could leave Mikel out and have a more attacking trio of Ram/Meir/Lam, or have Mikel and Lamps and then one of the other two on the right. Whatever, really.

Up front, I reckon Anelka will start is some position or another, and Mata definitely will. If Studge is still out then I could see Torres and Drogba starting together in a 4-4-2 diamond, but if not I think that only one of Torres or Drogba will start and get subbed off for the other later on.

Personally I think a 4-2-3-1 is the way to go:

Cech

Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole

Meireles - Mikel

Ramires - Anelka - Mata

Drogba

Bring on Torres once Drogba's had enough (maybe 60 minutes depending on his fitness).

Edit: Changed my mind a couple of times. :-p

I'd wager that there's zero chance anyone who played the entire of the Fulham game will start. Only Cech, Terry, Lampard and Sturridge (if recovered) will play a part. I presume Alex's suspension starts immediately?

Therefore we'll probably see a return of our typical defence in Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole. Of course Cech will be back in goal.

The midfield depends on how much of a threat we see in Swansea (and I have virtually zero knowledge of Swansea's team). It generally has to be 3 out of Mikel, Ramires, Lampard and Meireles. Otherwise our choice is pretty limited since I doubt Romeu, Josh or Malouda would start. We could leave Mikel out and have a more attacking trio of Ram/Meir/Lam, or have Mikel and Lamps and then one of the other two on the right. Whatever, really.

Up front, I reckon Anelka will start is some position or another, and Mata definitely will. If Studge is still out then I could see Torres and Drogba starting together in a 4-4-2 diamond, but if not I think that only one of Torres or Drogba will start and get subbed off for the other later on.

Cech

Meireles - Mikel

Ramires - Anelka - Mata

Drogba

Bring on Torres once Drogba's had enough (maybe 60 minutes depending on his fitness).

Pretty sure that Torres will start after his great performance last week and due to Drogba's injury. He has not been playing for a few weeks now.

I expect an open game. I think, Swansea play some decent football and are not really know for "parking the bus" so that should make for an entertaining game, hopefully with a few goals (only scored more than 2 once (3-1 Norwich)).

Team selection shouldn't be too difficult for AVB. Made 9 changes from Man Utd so we should see the majority of that team come back in. Only question is Lampard I think. He played 75 mins which might makes the decision easier to start him on the bench. Mikel would probably play.

If we bring our shooting boots, we could be in for a few.

Kinol   

Cech

Meireles - Mikel

Ramires - Mata - Anelka

Drogba

Fixed

Chel_don   

erm would like to see Josh play this one. I dont think Mikel is needed in a game like this I think we should be comfortable without him Meireles and Ramires next to Josh. Lampard can stay on the bench for this one too. I dont think Sturridge is going to play so Mata on right Anelka on left Torres up top... Sounds like a good enough team and for the bench....erm... Anything that does not have Malouda and Kalou on it even if that means making it a smaller bench Would Love it if AVB did that....

Fixed

Fair play. The reason I had Anelka in the middle is because I originally set up those three as Anelka - Meireles - Mata (with Lamps and Mikel behind), but then thought "actually, Ramires should play". So I subbed Lamps out and moved Meireles back, then figured Ramires was best on the right so moved him there. During all of this I completely forgot about Mata and didn't even consider which way round he and Anelka should go. >_>