• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Live Match Thread: Valencia V Chelsea

Sir   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Uefa Champions League match against Valencia, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 19:45 hrs, Wednesday, 28th September 2011, at Estadio Mestalla.

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

http://forums.CFCnet...e-live-threads/ *Stream Information*

I'm hoping the team is:

-----

Cech

Bosingwa - Luiz - Ivanovic - Cole

Mikel

Lampard - McEachran

Sturridge - Torres - Mata

-----

I'm expecting maybe a couple of differences from that team, but I feel Terry needs to be rested and Lampard needs a full game - his experience will help in an intimidating place like the Mestalla.

I expect McEachran won't play, although I can't see why considering he would get protection from Mikel - and his cameo against Swansea was great. Also Meireles needs a rest after his recent run of games.

Faramir   

I hope AVB decides to go with a very experienced line-up for this game.

I would like to see:

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Mikel

Ramires Lampard

Mata Torres Anelka

Bench: Turnbull Ferreira Romeu Malouda Drogba Meireles Sturridge

I was debating between Lampard and Meireles... went with Lampard as he is rested. However, Lampard needs to step up if he wants a starting place in the team.

As far as I'm concerned I think Ramires should be the first midfield player on the team sheet. He has a better engine than Essien and is super dangerous on the counter attack.

This is what I'm thinking it will be.

235358_Chelsea.jpg

However this is what I WANT to see.

235361_Chelsea.jpg

Depending on the game I would use all three subs and bring Didier in for Torres, McEachran for Ramires and Lampard for Malouda. I am hoping for a 3-0 scoreline by then but it'll probably be a lot tougher than I'm hoping for realistically we'll probably nick a 2-1 win or a 2-2 draw.

mata433   

crucial game

Cech

bane luiz Terry ashley

Mikel

Rammers Lamps

Nico Torres Mata..

sub, turnbul, Ferreira,Alex,mereieles,Jmac,Malouda, Drogzz

p.s Kalou should go on vacation until everton in d carling cup.. Sturridge over Kalou any day

Jaochs   

Oh, Valencia away, immediately brings my mind to Essiens goal in 2007 and Mourinho jumping Terry and Essien during an interview after the game.

Anyway, this is probably the toughest game we will have in this group but we should be able to win. Pretty confident we'll get away from this game with at least 1 point.

I guess Luiz will play and hopefully this will mean Ivanovic pushing Bosingwa out of the RB slot but I doubt AVB will make that change (been no sign of Ivanovic on the right since Carlo left).

In midfield Ramires has to play, as does the fully rested Lampard. But the final slot could really be either Meireles, Mikel or Romeu. Tough game so I'd like to see Mikel.

Up front it's got to be Torres and Mata (fit?) probably with Anelka - unless Sturridge really is fully fit.

Cech

Bosingwa Luiz Terry Cole

Ramires Mikel Lampard

Anelka Torres Mata

Subs: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Romeu, Meireles, Malouda, Sturridge, Drogba

Sciatika   

Given Torres cannot play domestically for three games, I would expect Drogba to play those and Torres to play in the CL. So,

Valencia(a) - Torres

Bolton(a) - Drogba

Everton(h) - Drogba

Genk(h) - Torres

QPR(a) - Drogba

which is not that different to what we get with standard rotation. Arsenal(h) will be interesting as I can see good reasons for either Torres or Drogba. Anyway, good job Drogba is back and scoring. I think Lamps will be given a start on Wednesday. I would rest Bran for the Bolton game and I'd like to give Ramires a rest, too. So, I would play:

---------Cech

Bos--Luiz--JT--Ash

--------Romeu

--Meireles--Lamps

Studge--Torres--Mata

Subs? Depends on what happens. AVB will probably do something completely different (but then he knows more than me). I am hoping for a win but, if so, it will be by a narrow margin (0-1, 1-2, etc) because its never easy going to the Mestalla.

Holymoly   

Considering his 3 match PL ban clearly Torres will be playing. I'm also assuming Frank will get a start too in place of Ramires but otherwise it will be business as ordinary. I'm liking the way AVB doesn't make wholesale changes for games. Yes, he will tinker with the lineup but the basic shape stays the same and if he changes the left the right is unchanged and vice versa. There is always a thread of continuity in the sides he picks.