• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AnniHilat0R

Clement Grenier.

ish   

interesting player, I would call him the french kaka in terms of where and how he plays but without the finishing ability(his dribbling and first touch are similar though, using his first touch to control and move the ball to the direction he wants). right footed and fast but not exactly an instant change of pace also unlike kaka. Is he any good? hell yeah, is he gonna come for cheap, hell no. this is lyon we are talking about.

3Sphinx   

interesting player, I would call him the french kaka in terms of where and how he plays but without the finishing ability(his dribbling and first touch are similar though, using his first touch to control and move the ball to the direction he wants). right footed and fast but not exactly an instant change of pace also unlike kaka. Is he any good? hell yeah, is he gonna come for cheap, hell no. this is lyon we are talking about.

Just a question - how do you know all this? Also, how do you know so much about our youth setup? Are you some sort of football journalist or blog editor or whatever?

I don't like the french Kaka comparisons never have they've been saying it since he was 16 & I've never ever got that from him.

Kaka's movement on the ball more often than not is vertical, as you say he doesn't have the change of pace, I just see it as a pointless exercise comparing him to kaka, perhaps similar complexion & hair is the reason.. I don't know.

ish   

not a journo, just alot of time on my hands . interested in youth football so try to keep up to date with alot of the more well known players. for players I dont know as much its more quick research but grenier is one of the special bunch expected to succeed at lyon, so for him its more from youth tournaments and hype that I get my knowledge.

in terms of the kaka comparison its partly based on his touch, very similar to kaka. But also partly on his height and general 10 position. he looks pretty similar to the brazilian as well which only strengthens the connection. honestly I think their would be a better player for comparison since as mentioned he is also very unlike kaka in many important aspects but kaka is the most famous one with that kind of dribbling/first touch so thats where the main comparison comes from.