• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CFCnet Admin

CFC Offer To Buy Back CPO Shares. Stadium Move On The Cards?

Big news. Contrary to what the article says, I think they are looking into a move in the very near future.

My advice to shareholders would be to vote against selling the freehold, until a new stadium plan is announced. After all it wouldn't take that long that it would put a stadium on hold, then at least you could guarantee what you were selling it for.

This was always going to happen as was a move, which will probably take place in under 5 years. I wish people would appreciate SB a bit more, as we'll miss it once it's gone.

Recognising what an important part in our history CPO has played, its shareholders who vote in favour of the transaction will be named in a walk or roll of honour at a new stadium should we move. They would also enjoy priority rights to purchase season tickets at any new stadium.

Those who vote in favour get perks. Seems a tad untoward.

synavm   

Well, I would certainly support the proposals. These are the first steps towards a new stadium, and if we move within the next nine years it'll be reasonably close to Fulham Broadway. It'd be sad to leave Stamford Bridge, but I feel it is necessary unless we find unexpected ways to raise revenues. I feel we have exhausted our options and the best way to become self sufficient is by increasing gate receipts. A shiny new stadium designed by world class architects with naming rights would be both exciting for many fans and also beneficial to the club's accounts.

It's a shame there isn't anything more concrete in this letter about options to relocate.

Guest A Richards CFC for ever   
Guest A Richards CFC for ever

The whole idea of the CPO was to protect the club, but as far as I can see there is no guarantee in the proposal. We trusted the board before but they still tried to sell Stamford Bridge. I for one want to see where a new ground would be or what they want to do with Stamford Bridge before we as CPO shareholders we do anything, as I never want the club to be in that position again.

Stamford bridge has seen good and bad times with lots of great memories so I want a lot more details, why buy back without any new stadium plans.

Guest blueday Programmes   
Guest blueday Programmes

Doesn't the share also hold the right to the name Chelsea Football Club? Sure I read that somewhere. Need to dig out the share cert. If my memory is right (someone confirm) please take this into account when voting.

Guest Neilski84   
Guest Neilski84

We need someone on our behalf who is going to say to Roman, Buck and Gourlay that they need to do more to convince us than getting our name etched into a brick, to hand over a £500m piece of prime real estate for £10m. We realise we have to move forward with the times but to ask us to give up the security of our club is going to take more than a brick!

I think it's fairly clear now that the club actively want to move, and I can understand why. I think the CPO is archaic and not really necessary any more, though its existence is something to take great pride in.

The bottom line for me is that we need greater match day receipts if we intend to be playing European football of any kind in the long term. I'm dubious of the '3 mile' stipulation, because 3 miles is still far too much for me.

We need someone on our behalf who is going to say to Roman, Buck and Gourlay that they need to do more to convince us than getting our name etched into a brick, to hand over a £500m piece of prime real estate for £10m. We realise we have to move forward with the times but to ask us to give up the security of our club is going to take more than a brick!

Agreed, this is the fans safety net.... This vote shouldn't be taken lighty, esp with Roman in court today being sued for £3bn