• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dgibbo1986

Qpr Away

West London derby is filling my with excitement. I have not been to QPR as an adult so I have no idea what pubs may be away fan friendly.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Sunday being a good day for sport in general, I wonder whether any fans will get to the sheppards bush area early to catch all the action.

I live in Shepherd's Bush, about 5 minutes from the ground. Get the cans in and the entire away support can cram into my place!

More seriously, not many places will be away friendly as most places nearby allow only home ticket-holding fans in on most match days. The few that spring to mind as letting anyone in are the Walkabout (near the Empire) and The Goldhawk on, surprise surprise, Goldhawk Road. Wouldn't surprise me if they revise their policy for such a grudge match (for QPR supporters, anyway) though. Bare in mind too that SB is a very antipodean area and New Zealand play in the Rugby World Cup final a few hours before ... There'll be a lot more door staff about than usual.

I live in Shepherd's Bush, about 5 minutes from the ground. Get the cans in and the entire away support can cram into my place!

More seriously, not many places will be away friendly as most places nearby allow only home ticket-holding fans in on most match days. The few that spring to mind as letting anyone in are the Walkabout (near the Empire) and The Goldhawk on, surprise surprise, Goldhawk Road. Wouldn't surprise me if they revise their policy for such a grudge match (for QPR supporters, anyway) though. Bare in mind too that SB is a very antipodean area and New Zealand play in the Rugby World Cup final a few hours before ... There'll be a lot more door staff about than usual.

Excellent point and something I did not think of. I've heard that the Walkabout may be an option (not overly keen but hey) but with the Kiwis likely to celebrate a World Cup win there this may not be the best option. The game would be finished by 11am but the celebrations should be going on all Sunday I reckon.

With Loftus Road being so close to home I don't see why we wouldn't drink out in Earl's Court, West Kensington or Barons Court. Tube ride to the ground shouldn't be more than 20 mins from those locations. Perhaps the 3FK on North End Road could be an option?

With Loftus Road being so close to home I don't see why we wouldn't drink out in Earl's Court, West Kensington or Barons Court.

I should have said that virtually nowhere in Hammersmith (ie the area immediately surrounding the two tube stations) usually imposes any restrictions on match days, and there are plenty of decent places to drink there ... The Laurie Arms, The Fire Station, The Hop Pole, The Hammersmith Ram. Most of them are a little pricey though.

I should have said that virtually nowhere in Hammersmith (ie the area immediately surrounding the two tube stations) usually imposes any restrictions on match days, and there are plenty of decent places to drink there ... The Laurie Arms, The Fire Station, The Hop Pole, The Hammersmith Ram. Most of them are a little pricey though.

Yeah, been asking some of the peeps I'm usually going with and most seem to think Hammersmith would be the best option too.

Is there any danger of pubs in Hammersmith not wanting a football crowd on a Sunday? You know, for a bit of a sing-song and that. I'm rarely up that way so don't know much of the local area.

Yeah, been asking some of the peeps I'm usually going with and most seem to think Hammersmith would be the best option too.

Is there any danger of pubs in Hammersmith not wanting a football crowd on a Sunday? You know, for a bit of a sing-song and that. I'm rarely up that way so don't know much of the local area.

I think you'll struggle to find anywhere that will be best pleased with singing, but I can't imagine that many places will object to loads of people turning up and drinking- I was out in the area not long after the Fulham-QPR game and all the pubs in the area were rammed.

I think you'll struggle to find anywhere that will be best pleased with singing, but I can't imagine that many places will object to loads of people turning up and drinking- I was out in the area not long after the Fulham-QPR game and all the pubs in the area were rammed.

I guess that's the problem. To find somewhere that will accept singing.

Any idea where the away fans usually drink around Loftus?

I guess that's the problem. To find somewhere that will accept singing.

Any idea where the away fans usually drink around Loftus?

Usually is the Walkabout, or at least has been for the three or so years I've been living round there. It's grim, but nearby, reasonably cheap and they probably won't mind a bit of noise.

Might want to check the tubes are running before you start thinking about Hammersmith etc as I know a lot of the network is fcuked again!