• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Live Match Thread: Everton V Chelsea

Sir   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Carling Cup match vs Everton, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 20:00 hrs, Wednesday, 26th October 2011, at Goodison Park.

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month. http://www.clubcfcnet.com

GJH   

Hoping to see Everton actually attack us, especially if we get an early goal. A second win in two weeks would surely frustrate Foy which can only be a good thing. Maybe Anelka or Lukaku up front?

EH28   

hopefully Josh and Oriol get 90 (or close to) mins each. Does anyone think that playing Torres for 45-60 mins would be a good idea to get his match fitness up for Arsenal? If not, 90 mins for Lukaku would be nice

Sciatika   

No Bos, so Bran at RB. No Ash, so Bertrand at LB. No Drogba. No Hilario. I would like to rest Luiz, Mikel, Lamps and JT as they played the full 90 minutes in a 9-man team only two days ago. However, that would leave us very short on the back four so one of Luiz or JT has to play. Would be nice for Josh to get a run out, but I think that might weaken the side too much given the other changes.

I reckon it will be:

---------Turnbull

Bran--Alex--JT/Luiz--Bertrand

----------Romeu

----Meireles--FloMo

Studge---Torres---Mata

Can just see this being one of those typical Carling Cup ties where Everton turn up and play like Madrid and either bash us 4-1 with Saha turning into Aguero for the night or it going the full 120 minutes and we lose on penalties.

Back four picks itself. It's up front where we have the selection issues. I'd go with:

Turnbull; Ferreira, Ivanovic, Alex, Bertrand; Romeu; Meireles, McEachran; Sturridge, Torres, Malouda

Guest DDA Drogbar.   
Guest DDA Drogbar.

Turnbull; Ferreira, Ivanovic, Alex, Bertrand; Romeu, McEachran, Malouda; Anelka, Lukaku, Kalou

...would be my guess.