• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CfcPrideofLDN

Live Match Thread: Newcastle V Chelsea

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Premier League match against Newcastle, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 12:45 hrs, Saturday, 3rd December 2011, at St James Park.

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £ 1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

Forget who needs to play and who needs to help who and fit the formation etc. Every player needs to help each other. They need to run their socks off for each other covering each others mistakes and not wasting each others good work. They need to fight from start to finish and not be discouraged or hide if things go wrong.

Newcastle are basically the hardest working team in the league and if we don't match their work rate. THEY WILL SMASH US.

Codger   

I have a feeling that Newcastle's initial purple patch is all but over, at least that's what I'm hoping, and they're a little bit goal-shy at times. However, they are several things we are not at the moment: an organised group of individuals who know what needs to be done and play as a team; they're hard working; they have high levels of concentration.

I've lowered my expectations significantly, but St. James' is going to be harder than ever this time round and I'm sad to say I'd be happy with a point.

Forget who needs to play and who needs to help who and fit the formation etc. Every player needs to help each other. They need to run their socks off for each other covering each others mistakes and not wasting each others good work. They need to fight from start to finish and not be discouraged or hide if things go wrong.

Newcastle are basically the hardest working team in the league and if we don't match their work rate. THEY WILL SMASH US.

+1

And we have not beaten them in our last 3 games. Drew both league meetings last season and of course, went down 4-3 in the League Cup match.

GJH   

I'd take a draw because I feel the Valencia game is more important right now (it might not be come the end of the season but I'd hope it doesn't get to that point). If we lose another match before that fixture, it's just going to be that much harder to fight for a win. Playing for a draw, even if we could concede, is not the right tactic. Passing the group stage would at least be a bigger morale boost than beating Wolves.

SGBlues   

How about a 1-0 win and a 0-0 draw vs Valencia, wow that would be great. We would be 4th on the table and getting ready for the 2nd round draw in the Champions league