Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Uefa Champions League Last 16 Draw - Napoli

0 posts in this topic

So, who do you all want? The draw is Friday 16th December at 10:30.

We can get,

Napoli, CSKA Moscow, Basel, Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen (I think), Marseille, Zenit, or AC Milan.

Group winners were, Bayern, Inter, Benfica, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal, Apeol, Barcelona.

The teams I do not want are AC Milan and Napoli. Marseilles would be tough away, but should be fine at home. Moscow away wouldn't be so easy, nor would Zenit. I guess none of those teams are particularly easy away. We'd just have to make sure we do them at Stamford Bridge, which of course is the second leg!

Gut feeling is we draw Napoli.

Not that bothered really. Just happy to be there to be honest.

Would be nice to avoid Barca for a while and would be nice to see JM back at the bridge.

London 1 - Mancs 0

We can't get Leverkusen. So we're on our way to Italy, France, Russia or Switzerland.

Definitely don't want Milan. Can see the game being ugly, controversial and ultimately ending in getting knocked out. They have a group of horrible bastards at that football club and I can't see a game with Chelsea not getting really heated. Zenit are absolute **** but I wouldn't be able to afford a trip to St. Petersburg and they're a pretty dull side. CSKA are better but I'm not keen. We've played Marseille recently and it would be pretty tough.

Napoli is an odd one. I've seen them play really poorly a couple of times this season but their unique style of play can punish any side and the Hamsik/Lavezzi/Cavani trio together with the pacey wing backs could really give us some problems. A trip to the hole/madhouse that is Naples could be too good to turn down though.

Lyon or Basel would be my pick. Easy to get to, teams I can't remember us playing, but both beatable.

Lyon, Marseille, Napoli, CSKA, Basel, Zenit and Milan, I would go for CSKA or Zenit.

I'd like to avoid Milan and Napoli, though I'd still be pretty confident if we were drawn against them. Any other team and wouldn't be worried at all.

Don't want Milan or Napoli. I think we can knock out Marseille and Lyon especially if the second leg is at home. We don't travel well in the CL so I think that is important.

With Man City and United out maybe for once we won't face a bloody English team in the last 8! (Assuming we go through)

Ed: We will be at home in the second leg. That is assured by virtue of our top spot in the group phase.

A game against Napoli would be a cracker for the neutral in both legs, but I don't see us getting through if we were to face them. Along with Milan. But against the rest we'll get through... or should get through. I'd love if we got Basel and show United now you should beat a team like that. Rub some salt into their wounds.

I'm confidant that we can beat any of those team over two legs. If I had to chose I'd probably go with CSKA or Lyon.

I bet Man United get APEOL. Oh wait...

Really just chuffed at the fact that we are through and United and City are down to Europa League! United were shocking really, that wasn't even that hard of a group! But who cares they're out!

I have a feeling we're going to get either Napoli or AC. A bad thing and I guess could be a good thing because they will be a very hard challenge and if we dispatch them then I think it would give the boys the confidence to go on and make history. Up the Chels!