• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CFC5710

Wigan Away

CFC5710   

Where is everyone drinking for this?

Been a couple of times but never really had the time pre match before.

Get in around midday and definately up for some drinks around the station and then nearer the ground.

Where will everyone be?

Up the Chels.

Same kind of thing-I find Wigan a funny one co the "stadium" is in kind of a ghostly, industrial toilet so around town or either station is prolly best. Most Chels, I assume will get to North Western rather than Wallgate so around there I'm guessing but, again, it' not the best there either with Wallgate much more central. Suggestions welcome as the later KO mean I've got TIME in the pie capital. Meat and potato still the daddy for pie heads of all nationalities.

Most Chels usually drink in the Red Robin behind the away entrance. Can get a bit crammed in there though...

Starting to regret I decided to not go to this one.

andy3009   

Most Chels usually drink in the Red Robin behind the away entrance. Can get a bit crammed in there though...

Just go Dave!

CFC1966   

Come on, you know you want to...

Oh not that I don't want to go, it's more a case of money being tight. It was either Wigan or the Lane. Easy choice in my book!

A couple of my mates are wanting to go last minute and I remember Wigan, like Blackburn, allowing you to pay in on the day to the away end assuming we haven't sold out-I think the away end holds 5,400 so I'm doubting we will have done is all. I didn't go last year but if anyone can confirm whether they still do this I'd appreciate it so I can tell my mates and possibly get a lift rather than pay rail prices-£40 odd for me and the littlun and we live IN the NW! I doubt it'd be that much more to WNW from Euston booked ahead.

breck171   

A couple of my mates are wanting to go last minute and I remember Wigan, like Blackburn, allowing you to pay in on the day to the away end assuming we haven't sold out-I think the away end holds 5,400 so I'm doubting we will have done is all. I didn't go last year but if anyone can confirm whether they still do this I'd appreciate it so I can tell my mates and possibly get a lift rather than pay rail prices-£40 odd for me and the littlun and we live IN the NW! I doubt it'd be that much more to WNW from Euston booked ahead.

Just call the wigan ticket office tomorrow and find out...?

Offical CFC website says tickets are available on the door, cash only.

Noted Tore, and , Breck, their ticket office won't always give you that information anyway-I've gone to Wigan before having been told both that they would sell on the day AND that they wouldn't hence my lack of trust in them. Knowing the size of the away end, mind, and that they never sell THEIR tickets it';s usually a safe bet but , then, I don't have to go from London.