• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Live Match Thread: Wigan V Chelsea

Sir   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Premier League match against Wigan, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 17:30 hrs, Saturday, 17th December 2011, at the DW Stadium.

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

Sir   

The game is like on ESPN, FYI.

Expect all of ESPN wanting us to lose in the match build up etc

If we get an early goal we will smash them. Could be one of those days, though, where we do indeed smash them, or we have a bit of an annoying tricky encounter, when in all reality it shouldn't be. I'd be really tempted to play Torres in this one, personally speaking.

Something like: Cech, Ivanovic, David Luiz, Terry, Cole, Romeu, Ramires, Meireles, Mata, Torres, Sturridge.

Depending on how we fare, maybe bring in Lampard for Meireles as a sub, and give some minutes rest to Ramires or Cole.

If I was AVB, I will probably just make two changes from the lineup against City. Luiz coming back in for Bosingwa and Lampard takes Meireles's place. For Torres, well, he can come in later!

On the match itself, we are playing first before the other Top 6 and that means we might put pressure on them to win their games on Sunday. HOWEVER, I wouldn't be surprised if we mess this game up!

Sir   

Our remaining games this month are, Spurs away on the 22nd (seriously tough game), then we have Fulham at home on the 26th (oddly, always a bit of a tough home fixture) and then we have Villa at home on the 31st (again, always seems a bit of a bastard when we play these lot at home)

Guess you'll have the whole stand to yourself then.

Touché!

As for the starting XI.

Cech; Bosingwa, Luiz, Terry, Cole; Mikel; Ramires, Lampard; Sturridge, Torres, Malouda.

Subs: Turnbull, Ferreira, Ivanovic, Romeu, Malouda, Meireles, Drogba.

Going to the game

But il be sitting in one of the home stands.

Make sure you don't accidentally sit on a wigan fan, they tend to show up dressed as seats.

Anyway on the game we cannot be complacent because of our 3 wins. We have to go into the game with the mindset that we are going against a top club. Should win comfortably if we show up to the game.

Have a feeling AVB will rotate a bit for this game. Mikel, Luiz, Lampard and Torres to come in.

Also, IIRC, Ramires, Meireles and Lamps are a booking away from suspension against Spurs.

Going to the game

But il be sitting in one of the home stands.

Why? You can pay into our end, with cash, on the day-be much better, you know?

Anyway, with Spuds on the near horizon I'm expecting AVB to give DD a rest(he was still looking leggy a couple of games ago and no need to risk him buring himself out now he's up to speed and Nando can use the game time anyway. Put it this way-if we're ever to make a few odd changes this would be the game he's do it in so Mikel, Maouda and Kalou are all in with a shout of replacing Romeu, Danny and Mata. Now, I don't expect them ALL to play but with Spuds there and Xmas coming fast what's the chance of a couple happening?

I'd personally only CONSIDER swapping Raul for Lamps and Torres for Didier(and keep thetwo of 'em on the bench too)apart from getting Dave back in for Bos but IDK how many changes AVB will want to make given this is one good chance to do so bwefore one of our last truly scary fixtures for a while. I WANT to see Mata and Danny continue their roaming but fear we may see Slo Mo. It's a feeling.