• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wallman

Train To Swansea

wallman   

Just looking on the web site and its good to see that chelsea are doing a special to swansea away..£40.or the other option is a 4hour coach journey at £29... for another £11 its the train for me all day long..utc

The club are a joke, how can they cancel the train due to lack of interest when the members allocation haven`t gone on sale yet!!!

I was hoping to use my contacts in work and try and get off in Cardiff, looks now if I get a ticket its the 2232 Swansea-Cardiff and make use of a cheap Travelodge before going straight back to work in Cardiff on Wednesday morning

I think a night out in Cardiff is on the menu for this. Go up in the afternoon, go to the game, back to Cardiff. Train back about midday the following day.

wallman   

The club are a joke, how can they cancel the train due to lack of interest when the members allocation haven`t gone on sale yet!!!

I was hoping to use my contacts in work and try and get off in Cardiff, looks now if I get a ticket its the 2232 Swansea-Cardiff and make use of a cheap Travelodge before going straight back to work in Cardiff on Wednesday morning

Exactly what I said to them today..how about wating until members go on sale give it a week then see how many..they just fobbed me off with some **** and gave me Thomas cooks number, who then told me chelsea fc cancelled it rather early..coach it is then.

They did a similar thing with Wigan away a few seasons ago. It's a complete joke.

Just to let everyone know, a London - Swansea return on the train is £30 at the moment. £20 if you've got a YP railcard.

I'm doing train to swansea. Going there afternoon, staying at my mate's place who goes to Swansea uni and then back on Wednesday morning on the first train back at 4am. It cost me about £37 return with a YP railcard. I could have got it cheaper if I had taken a later train back, but I have to go to work on the weds, so getting back into london by 7.30, will give me enough time to get home and go to work for 10.

I'm doing train to swansea. Going there afternoon, staying at my mate's place who goes to Swansea uni and then back on Wednesday morning on the first train back at 4am. It cost me about £37 return with a YP railcard. I could have got it cheaper if I had taken a later train back, but I have to go to work on the weds, so getting back into london by 7.30, will give me enough time to get home and go to work for 10.

Same getting 4am or 4.30am back to Bath Uni.

Exactly what I said to them today..how about wating until members go on sale give it a week then see how many..they just fobbed me off with some **** and gave me Thomas cooks number, who then told me chelsea fc cancelled it rather early..coach it is then.

Because they can't- they need to finalise the booking before the members allocation goes on sale. They were quite explicit in their reasoning.

The real questions should be a) why no-one at the club looked at the dates they were due to receive tickets from Swansea, the realistic dates they could organise sales for, and when a train booking had to be finalised and realised there'd be a problem and b) if they club should be willing to take a hit for the fans.