• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Live Match Thread: Chelsea V Sunderland

Sir   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Premier League match against Sunderland, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 15:00 hrs, Saturday, 14th January 2012, at Stamford Bridge.

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

A couple of trivia:

1. The last time Martin O'Neill visited the Bridge, his Aston Villa side lost 7-1.

2. Incidentally, we're playing Sunderland on the same date as two years ago where we smashed them 7-2!

That aside, I'm fearing this match. Sunderland have improved greatly under MON and our performance are still unconvincing at the moment. Really need to step it up IF we are going to finish in the Top 4.

Apart from that, we must also watch out for the counter-attacks and set pieces because they are pretty dangerous from it, just like MON's Villa. James McLean who has been impressive recently is one player that we should watch out for. He plays on the left and could give massive problems for Bosingwa at RB.

Sir   

As I said somewhere else, their little bubble as to burst sometime, and I see no better place than at the bridge this coming Saturday.

As I said somewhere else, their little bubble as to burst sometime, and I see no better place than at the bridge this coming Saturday.

That is IF we do turn up and play to our maximum.

That is IF we do turn up and play to our maximum.

Which blatantly won't happen. I can see a repeat of the Fulham game unfortunately.

pinoy   

Sunderland are playing well we are not playing well, I can't see anything other than a typical chelsea match this season, we will take the lead, sunderland will equalise then the closing stages of the match will either be us going for the winner, we may get it like against wolves, or we might just keep missing chances and draw or sunderland will catch us on the counter and beat us. I can't really see anything else happening tbh. Oh yeah and Torres wont score as well and people will still give him MOTM for making one good pass or something.

paulw66   

Would hope for this team:

Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Romeu, Lampard, Ramires, Mata, Sturridge, Torres

Diddymen   

may I just add before someone else does, this is a MUST win game! as the ones we have played already were not! in fact, in addtion, the next half of the season are MUST win games!