Blue_Fever

Eden Hazard

6,323 posts in this topic

Oprning this so that the January Transfer Window doesn't turn into the Hazard special. The other Hazard thread is locked...

Chelsea and Manchester United have been given a major boost in their pursuit of Eden Hazard after he let it be known he would be interested in a move to the Barclays Premier League.

Lille's attacking midfielder, 21 last week, was refusing to look beyond Real Madrid for a summer move away from the French champions, according to recent reports.

On the move: Lille's midfielder Eden Hazard open to Premier League option

But not only would he be receptive to an offer from Chelsea or United, he could even be prised away during the current transfer window, despite his club insisting he will not be allowed to leave until the end of the season.

Hazard's agent John Bico, who confirmed Chelsea were considering a £25million bid for a player with a £33million release clause, told Sportsmail: 'Eden's career has been built on a patient philosophy of developing, year by year, and his ambition today is to try and make Lille champions for a second successive season.

'But he is a professional, and the club is a company. Sometimes clubs have to deal with the reality of the market, and Eden will go along with whatever Lille decide.'

Sportsmail understands Barcelona are ready to go head-to-head with fierce rivals Real for Hazard after registering an interest in one of Europe's hottest prospects.

But a source close to the player claimed it was by no means a straight fight between La Liga's big two for his signature.

'England isn't exactly a million miles away, so it wouldn't be any great upheaval,' he said. 'It all depends on the project put to Eden and the ambition he senses from whoever he is talking to. Real like him, and he likes them but, as with any player, he would view Manchester United as an great opportunity.

'If Roman Abramovich really is providing funds to take Chelsea back to the top again, then they would be interesting, as well. He would consider that, for sure.'

http://www.dailymail...elsea-move.html

Love it were it to happen, super player and what we need.

Is exactly what we need... although what we will get is not known.. and it looks doubtful we will go for any exciting players especially in this window.

I was thinking more the summer, not now.

summer seems realistic

Not if we want him. Madrid or city will snap him up in the summer IMO.

If there really isn't a choice, I wouldn't mind us purchasing him now and loan him back to Lille till the summer.

Not if we want him. Madrid or city will snap him up in the summer IMO.

I don't think it really matters in this case, because we wont get him for less then 30 anyways, doubt madrid or city will pay anything high than 35

Edited by 97' swaggerz bluez

I don't think it really matters in this case, because we wont get him for less then 30 anyways, doubt madrid or city will pay anything high than 35

I don't think it's possible to really predict what city or Madrid will spend. Depends if either club identifies him as a key player.

I think around 30 million if a possibility but that would require us to loan him back for the remainder of the season.

Haha. Really?!