Blue_Fever

Eden Hazard

6,264 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, kev61 said:

My memory(of which I have no confidence😣)is he was being left out in a lot of matches that I couldn't fathom why;just like Mata before he was sold

He had an injury in January and a knee operation in March. After that JM still picked for the CL Semi-Final against Liverpool and the FA Cup Final (his last game for us)

On 23/02/2017 at 3:13 PM, Jasonb said:

I think the same on Hazard, is it he does not get enough protection? Or is it he gets bored, I noticed when Costa was out for that game he produced the goods.

The other worrying consideration is he has good and bad days. When he is having bad days why not take him off and bring on Willian or Pedro or Fabregas.

Can't put my finger on it. You've pointed to possible inconsistent performances, which I think can be valid. 

You'd have to ask Conte but I accept your point. I'd like Fabregas to play a lot more generally, personally. 

^ But also he is sometimes double marked, and sometimes single marked.  if double marked he is contributing even if he achieves little. 

On 20/02/2017 at 9:02 AM, fillerywhereru said:

I watched the Bayern V Arsenal game last week and found myself comparing him unfavourably to Robben. Robben always seems to be alert to the possibility of going at the opposition either by himself for a shot or playing someone else in. Hazard at times seems happy just to have a rest play the ball off to someone else and dissapear for a period of the game. he's got the same tools as Robben but doesnt use them as much.

Finally someone said it. Ability wise Hazard isn't any better than Robben. 

Less injured perhaps, but as for talent goes Robben is still ahead in my book. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Finally someone said it. Abilitywise Hazard isn't any better than Robben. 

Less imjured perhaps, but as for talent goes Robben is still ahead in my book. 

Robben and Messi are the most similar, and I would say Ronaldo and Hazard are the most similar. I believe Hazard really has the potential to be Ronaldo level, but 'does he want it enough' to use such a cliche. Ronaldo is an incredible role model for working hard. No doubt his talent and ability but he has worked his ass off to get where he is, and you have to admire that. Hazard doesn't seem to be as utterly ruthless as Ronaldo.

13 hours ago, paulw66 said:

You may have noticed that the game has moved on since then. 

I have and not necessarily in a good way;not that I'm advocating tearing lumps out of players.

26 minutes ago, Sir said:

Robben and Messi are the most similar, and I would say Ronaldo and Hazard are the most similar. I believe Hazard really has the potential to be Ronaldo level, but 'does he want it enough' to use such a cliche. Ronaldo is an incredible role model for working hard. No doubt his talent and ability but he has worked his ass off to get where he is, and you have to admire that. Hazard doesn't seem to be as utterly ruthless as Ronaldo.

And you think I'M on a "different planet"😅

13 hours ago, Sir said:

Not sure about the comparisons (I'd pair CR and AR as one type and Hazard and Messi as the other).

But that's semantics.

Hazard absolutely lacks the ruthlessness and passion to be at the level of those three. He's too casual for my liking. 

13 hours ago, kev61 said:

And you think I'M on a "different planet"😅

Go on I'm ready!

40 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Not sure about the comparisons (I'd pair CR and AR as one type and Hazard and Messi as the other).

But that's semantics.

Hazard absolutely lacks the ruthlessness and passion to be at the level of those three. He's too casual for my liking. 

Yeah the casualness is something I can't argue with unfortunately.