Blue_Fever

Eden Hazard

6,323 posts in this topic

On 2/25/2017 at 3:48 AM, Sleeping Dave said:

Finally someone said it. Ability wise Hazard isn't any better than Robben. 

Less injured perhaps, but as for talent goes Robben is still ahead in my book. 

I think Hazard is the bigger talent. He's just insanely gifted. So is Robben, of course, but I think it's his sheer bloody mindedness and relentless desire to attack that makes him so special. 

Hazard is basically a pass first footballer. 

 

On 2/25/2017 at 5:11 AM, Sir said:

Robben and Messi are the most similar, and I would say Ronaldo and Hazard are the most similar. I believe Hazard really has the potential to be Ronaldo level, but 'does he want it enough' to use such a cliche. Ronaldo is an incredible role model for working hard. No doubt his talent and ability but he has worked his ass off to get where he is, and you have to admire that. Hazard doesn't seem to be as utterly ruthless as Ronaldo.

Yes, Hazard is a lot more casual in his approach. He plays to enjoy the game, it seems, as opposed to smashing records like the others too.

Ronaldo also has the benefit of being an athletic freak. 

Edited by A Blue Essien

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

I think Hazard is the bigger talent. He's just insanely gifted. So is Robben, of course, but I think it's his sheer bloody mindedness and relentless desire to attack that makes him so special. 

Hazard is basically a pass first footballer. 

 

Yes, Hazard is a lot more casual in his approach. He plays to enjoy the game, it seems, as opposed to smashing records like the others too.

Ronaldo also has the benefit of being an athletic freak. 

But Ronaldo has made himself this way and we've all seen how beneficial this has been. I genuine believe if Hazard had the mindfulness? Determination? Commitment? Whatever it may be he could reach the rough level Ronaldo has I'm sure of it. Sad thing is I don't think he will get even close to it. I'm a huge Hazard fan and I just don't think we're seeing the best of it (I guess in a way that's still a huge compliment to the guy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2017 at 0:20 PM, Mark Kelly said:

I'm guessing having the **** kicked out of him whilst the ref studiously ignores it would probably not help.

Then I hope the refs keep ignoring him and he stays angry as hell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2017 at 1:11 AM, Sir said:

Robben and Messi are the most similar, and I would say Ronaldo and Hazard are the most similar. I believe Hazard really has the potential to be Ronaldo level, but 'does he want it enough' to use such a cliche. Ronaldo is an incredible role model for working hard. No doubt his talent and ability but he has worked his ass off to get where he is, and you have to admire that. Hazard doesn't seem to be as utterly ruthless as Ronaldo.

Ronaldo scores with his head, Eden is never going to be famed for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, Ronaldo's head is 12cm higher than Eden's, so he has a natural advantage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, blue moon said:

To be fair, Ronaldo's head is 12cm higher than Eden's, so he has a natural advantage

Yes, and about a 1000 times more inflated as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

Yes, and about a 1000 times more inflated as well. 

Is that a negative? 

I actually thinks that's what makes Ronaldo so good. His belief in himself and the belief he can and will do almost anything.

Hazard doesn't have this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/23/real-madrid-eden-hazard-thibaut-courtois-chelsea

Not good. This will rumble on for a while. Let's just get some extensions lined up please. 

To be honest, it sounds like a complete beat-up to me. Every year it's exactly the same - Real this, Real that, and so on. Doesn't matter if the player has some years to run on his contract, or just signed a new one. Doesn't matter what the player has stated about his intentions, even recently. This stuff is pretty much always little more than hot air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

To be honest, it sounds like a complete beat-up to me. Every year it's exactly the same - Real this, Real that, and so on. Doesn't matter if the player has some years to run on his contract, or just signed a new one. Doesn't matter what the player has stated about his intentions, even recently. This stuff is pretty much always little more than hot air.

I certainly hope so. Sid Lowe isn't your usual transfer WUM so that's a bit concerning. 

The contract issue is in our favour, and we know that we don't sell players that we intend to keep. It'll be up to the player to agitate for us to listen to offers, and even then we hold all the cards and can demand a fortune. 

The annoying thing, as I mentioned, is that this will probably rumble on for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now