Blue_Fever

Eden Hazard

6,269 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, A Blue Essien said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/23/real-madrid-eden-hazard-thibaut-courtois-chelsea

Not good. This will rumble on for a while. Let's just get some extensions lined up please. 

Didn't Courtois just say he wants to extend his contract and stated how much he loved the club recently?

Eden doesn't strike me as the kind to put himself into the spotlight glare at a club like Madrid either , I think he likes the relative anonymity of being at Chelsea.

Daily Mail saying they're offering James and Morata in part exchange , two players I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole and would be a step down regardless of how good they are on "FIFA". 

Edited by Mark Kelly

2 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

To be honest, it sounds like a complete beat-up to me. Every year it's exactly the same - Real this, Real that, and so on. Doesn't matter if the player has some years to run on his contract, or just signed a new one. Doesn't matter what the player has stated about his intentions, even recently. This stuff is pretty much always little more than hot air.

Both yes and no.

Real will always attract rumours and it's an easy sell for the journalist to say "Real wants this insanely gifted footballer" because even though no contact may have been made, it's fairly straight-forward to assume they'd be interested. 

But when Real really wants a player, they do not shy away from using the media to turn said players head. We also know the following;

1. Eden is a big fan of Zidane and is on record stating he'd like to play for them one day

2. Courtois has his family in Madrid and basically became a man there. Is on record saying he loves life in Madrid.

Neither players strikes me as the most loyal servants a club can find, so I don't think it's a stretch to assume they may be tempted if a solid offer was made... 

But hopefully that won't happen of course. I'm just not entirely comfortable to rubbish those story out of hand. Unfortunately! 

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Didn't Courtois just say he wants to extend his contract and stated how much he loved the club recently?

Eden doesn't strike me as the kind to put himself into the spotlight glare at a club like Madrid either , I think he likes the relative anonymity of being at Chelsea.

Daily Mail saying they're offering James and Morata in part exchange , two players I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole and would be a step down regardless of how good they are on "FIFA". 

He's said in the past (mainly in interviews to French radio and TV) how much he likes London and the surrounding area because he can go out and about with his family and people leave him alone. He wouldn't get that sort of peace and quiet in Madrid.

9 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

1. Eden is a big fan of Zidane and is on record stating he'd like to play for them one day

Sure. And you can never say never, of course. That's what the media run with.  But tbh, he looks and sounds pretty happy and contented with hs life at SB. 

2. Courtois has his family in Madrid and basically became a man there. Is on record saying he loves life in Madrid.

He's also on-record (and very recently, as it happens) saying that he loves life in London! And that he loves playing for Chelsea, and isn't looking to move.

I don't think it's a stretch to assume they may be tempted if a solid offer was made... 

No, I agree. I was simply responding to this particular article - the likes of which I've read approaching the end of previous seasons (regarding a number of different players, from different clubs). Imo, it's the usual Real press machine - Not something to be overly concerned about, based on previous history.

But hopefully that won't happen of course.

Indeed. I'd just put it in the 'very familiar and fairly predictable' category, rather than being 'not good' (which is where I came in!).

If you are doing well and players are performing its easy journalism to link the players to a move *in or out(. The names RM and Barca have always been a big draw and something nice to have on your CV but la liga is not.

Neymar just came out and reaffirmed his commitment to Barca. The right thing for Hazard to do the same now and squash the rumors flat on its face.

9 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Neymar just came out and reaffirmed his commitment to Barca. The right thing for Hazard to do the same now and squash the rumors flat on its face.

I've said this in another thread but it is worth repeating. When the RM PR machine is out in force (which is the case now) it's often something to the story. If it wasn't, it would already have gone away.

Now Calderon is out claiming a £100m offer is no problem and that it is up to Eden if he wants the move or not.

Expect this to rumble on until he moves there or signs a new contract with us. I think there's something to this story and would think there's a very real risk of him leaving. This the RM way of doing business and so far it follows the standard blueprint perfectly. 

33 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I've said this in another thread but it is worth repeating. When the RM PR machine is out in force (which is the case now) it's often something to the story. If it wasn't, it would already have gone away.

Now Calderon is out claiming a £100m offer is no problem and that it is up to Eden if he wants the move or not.

Expect this to rumble on until he moves there or signs a new contract with us. I think there's something to this story and would think there's a very real risk of him leaving. This the RM way of doing business and so far it follows the standard blueprint perfectly. 

Think you're right Dave , if this does come to fruition , I do hope we absolutely rinse them for every penny they have rather than accept a lesser amount and some hopeless reject we have no need for like James and especially Morata. We don't need another non scoring striker.

If we're waving bye bye to Eden , let's secure the Monaco guy Mbappe (?) As a reasonable replacement with a few years ahead of him.

The club must surely realise that we need to get our targets sorted sooner than later as City are going to throw truckloads of money at St Pep , Mourinho won't allow United to fall further from grace and will be backed by the media in any pursuit , Spurs will probably try to Hoover up any English players in the market and Arsenal will be linked with everyone and will surely need to break their self imposed transfer embargo sooner or later.

It'll be an interesting summer.

17 hours ago, Kezza said:

You think Hazard saying "I am staying" will squash the rumours? Ok.........

Let's see if there are any more Neymar rumours this summer. I expect there might be.