Blue_Fever

Eden Hazard

6,323 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Don't forget that IF we sign a CB, and Azpi is pushed out to the WB as a lot of people speculate will happen, we'll also have Moses as cover.

I think it is in the very nature of having 3 CBs in the team that at least one, if not both, WBs are attacking AMs. I can't see us starting regularly with Azpi and Alonso at WBs. 

Moreover, as much as I have appreciated Moses this season, he is clearly just an adequate WB, and a quite inadequate AM by the standards of Hazard, Willian and Pedro.  I can't remember the last time he beat a man from a standing start with pace or trickery. 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think it is in the very nature of having 3 CBs in the team that at least one, if not both, WBs are attacking AMs. I can't see us starting regularly with Azpi and Alonso at WBs. 

Moreover, as much as I have appreciated Moses this season, he is clearly just an adequate WB, and a quite inadequate AM by the standards of Hazard, Willian and Pedro.  I can't remember the last time he beat a man from a standing start with pace or trickery. 

Oh totally agree with you don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that if push comes to shove, we mustn't forget that technically he is an AM and having been a starter for us all season at WB, he must surely be adequate cover further forward. 

20 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Oh totally agree with you don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that if push comes to shove, we mustn't forget that technically he is an AM and having been a starter for us all season at WB, he must surely be adequate cover further forward. 

Should be, yes.  But nothing I have seen since he joined us suggests he has any kind of cutting edge at all.  solid, reliable, willing, and hard running enough to get on the end of Alonso's crosses again and again.  To be honest as AM I am not sure he is an upgrade on Traore or Kenedy.