• Current Donation Goals

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Moses is still an ordinary player - have you not watched him.  He gets all that time and space out wide and does so little with it.
Alonso is better and at times (much of last season and the start of this) very good.  But he is still mostly just benefiting from having 3CBs behind him while playing as a FB.  Nice work if you can get it.  It is not as if he is contributing more than the FBs at Man U or City (with 2CBs).

Fabregas - no point discussing him with you, if you haven't been watching his genius over the past 3 years.

Morata was a £60m player bought to replace Costa, who is struggling precisely because of Conte's tactics.  

Fabregas (who has never been picked so rarely in his career, not even at Barca) and Morata are being seriously damaged by the teams tactics.

The formation we should have is one that uses the best players - Kante, Courtois, Azpi, Willian, Pedro, Fabregas, Hazard.  For most leage games it should have 2 attacking FBs, 3 AMs and a striker - just like most strong PL teams have.

It is a fair point I accept that we don't have enough players to fill the squad.  But Conte has to take part responsibility for that.  Pretending he has no input on player transfers is far enough as a way of dodging discussion at press conferences.  But surely no one takes it seriously.

100% agree that Conte has to take some blame for the squad's state - that much is not what I am disputing. 

The argument you (and others) put forward is that Conte's formation is supposedly stifling Hazard into his current state. I disagree with that fully tbh.

Regarding Fabregas, I also supported his inclusion last season as a starter. But that doesnt mean that Fabregas (IMO) doesnt have flaws which are beginning to surface now that he's a bit older. I dont need to repeatedly label him a genius without recognizing that age catches up with everyone eventually. And again, what Fabregas achieved previously over his glittering career is completely irrelevant to what he offers to us NOW. 

As for Moses, I dont need to think that he is perfect now to justify his inclusion in the starting 11. Like you correctly pointed out, he would definitely benefit from being a little more productive in attack. What I am disputing is not whether he's perfect but rather whether or not he has done better as a player in Conte's tactical setup.. Which he has IMO.

Morata is hardly "struggling" either. He is a striker who is dipping in form likely because of his new leading role in a team. Costa had dips as well. 

Conte being defensive doesnt absolve Hazard of blame for suffering yet another patch of inconsistency. 

This is hardly something new for Hazard. Maybe its time people stop making excuses and blaming Conte for all and sundry and recognize that. 

• Like 1

Personally, I think that Hazard has had his head turned - probably in the direction of Real, or PSG. At his age, it's probably now, or never, and the challenge is definitely an itch that needs scratching.

3 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

This is hardly something new for Hazard. Maybe its time people stop making excuses and blaming Conte for all and sundry and recognize that. 

Woa - I came into this because you were praising Conte's tactics for the improvement for 6 or 7 players.

We are now done to just 2 - Fabregas and Hazard - where I guess we can agree to disagree.

And you pull the "don't blame Conte" ripcord.  Whose blaming Conte?  Just pulling apart an argument you made.

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Personally, I think that Hazard has had his head turned - probably in the direction of Real, or PSG. At his age, it's probably now, or never, and the challenge is definitely an itch that needs scratching.

Yes, I have to agree here.

I was pretty sure on Real but PSG may be easier. Spanish League prolongs his career by a few years. PL he gets burned out earlier.

Well lets wait and see.

jangz   
11 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Conte being defensive doesnt absolve Hazard of blame for suffering yet another patch of inconsistency. 

I still dont get why you think Hazard is inconsistent .. at the cost of repeating myself.. posting numbers below for you. Which shows him being more consistent than Alli, and Coutinho and also being fit enough to affect more games in a much more conservative system.. 

Sanchez   Alli   Coutinho   Hazard
Games Played Goals  per Game   Games Played Goals  per Game   Games Played Goals  per Game   Games Played Goals  per Game
29 0.28         13 0.23   34 0.26
34 0.56         33 0.15   35 0.40
35 0.46         35 0.14   38 0.37
30 0.43   33 0.30   26 0.31   31 0.13
38 0.63   37 0.49   31 0.42   36 0.44
19 0.37   21 0.24   14 0.50   18 0.33

Id let him go, I dont think we can base our whole attacking plan or most of it on this inconsistent Belgian. Not sure about his attitude at times either, too laid back to be a top top player and his end product too inconsistent.