• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
57 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Id let him go, I dont think we can base our whole attacking plan or most of it on this inconsistent Belgian. Not sure about his attitude at times either, too laid back to be a top top player and his end product too inconsistent.

This on the back of a game where we didn't move from our half and hit long balls to him playing no.9 

What the hell was he supposed to do, other than drop deep and have to dribble past their entire team single handed?

If I was him, I would be exceptionally hacked off.  Criticising Hazard after yesterday is like criticising an artist's painting that they had to draw with a blunt pencil in the dark. 

• Like 1

Amazed some are even considering thinking we should let him go. Yes he has his ups and downs but he is THE best player in the premier league and one we can not replace with anyone anywhere near his level.

I just hope the damage Conte has done to him doesn't make him walk away in the summer.

25 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

This on the back of a game where we didn't move from our half and hit long balls to him playing no.9 

What the hell was he supposed to do, other than drop deep and have to dribble past their entire team single handed?

If I was him, I would be exceptionally hacked off.  Criticising Hazard after yesterday is like criticising an artist's painting that they had to draw with a blunt pencil in the dark. 

Thats not quite true is it though, there were 3 or 4 breaks second half where he either made a poor run that required a eye through a needle pass to him or ran into trouble or worse played a teammate into trouble. In between he just stood hands on hips or jogged up and down. He isn't hard working enough to play that position. And this sint new from me I have had doubts with him all season. He has not showed up too many times for my liking, I'm starting to get irritated when he chooses to show up at Brighton but not Old Trafford of the Etihad.

Edited by fillerywhereru

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Thats not quite true is it though, there were 3 or 4 breaks second half where he either made a poor run that required a eye through a needle pass to him or ran into trouble or worse played a teammate into trouble. In between he just stood hands on hips or jogged up and down. He isn't hard working enough to play that position. And this sint new from me I have had doubts with him all season. He has not showed up too many times for my liking, I'm starting to get irritated when he chooses to show up at Brighton but not Old Trafford of the Etihad.

He got an assist at Old Trafford.

He isn't a CF. Simple.

No point buying a ferrari and driving around in a 30mph zone. 

3 minutes ago, Nicholas Anelka said:

Yes I agree he's not hard working enough to play as a target man.

He's also not tall enough.

Quite. 

Just now, paulw66 said:

He got an assist at Old Trafford.

He isn't a CF. Simple.

No point buying a ferrari and driving around in a 30mph zone. 

Quite. 

He did and a fine pass it was, then he pretty much took a rest for 45 minutes. Thats my problem with him he's a coaster like Fabregas, great when all is well but when its not they wont be digging you out of trouble that often. talking of old trafford he had a chance at 1-0 where instead of trying for a shot just inside the box or pushing on he cut back and played a poor pass to Alonso. They went straight up the other end and scored. He and the team are missing a ruthless streak this season.

Digging us out of trouble is what we have Kante and defenders for.

I'd much rather Hazard coasted for 45 mins then pops up with 1 bit of magic rather than Pedro & Willian (granted he's been playing well recently although yesterday looked like a return to his usual form) running around for 90 mins like headless chicken.

2 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Thats my problem with him he's a coaster like Fabregas, great when all is well but when its not they wont be digging you out of trouble that often. 

But the type of players that will be digging you out of trouble are not the type of player Hazard or Fabregas are. 

You can't expect them to be something they are not, maybe appreciate them for what they are instead of wishing they were something else.

Last season the kind of players who did that were Costa, Pedro and Alonso. This season Alonso has kept up the good work on occasions but Pedro has been less effective (though played less) but Hazard seems to need those kind of players to hide behind to do his thing. Surely though he is due a big game against a big opponent? Barcelona? 

Yesterday he might not have liked playing at false 9 but in not showing for the ball/ not breaking into a run for large periods he was cheating his teammates.

Edited by fillerywhereru

xCELERYx   
On 06/03/2018 at 1:47 AM, fillerywhereru said:

Last season the kind of players who did that were Costa, Pedro and Alonso. This season Alonso has kept up the good work on occasions but Pedro has been less effective (though played less) but Hazard seems to need those kind of players to hide behind to do his thing. Surely though he is due a big game against a big opponent? Barcelona? 

Yesterday he might not have liked playing at false 9 but in not showing for the ball/ not breaking into a run for large periods he was cheating his teammates.

Which is largely why he was dragged. It's all well and good having the ability, but he still needs to put in the work for the good of the team. I mean, Conte has essentially given him more freedom than he's had under any other manager so there really isn't an excuse. It's not like he's been asking to track back to the degree demanded under JM or others.