• Current Donation Goals

8 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Wrong. Contract ends summer 2019

Blimey, it's unlike us to let a player get down to the last 12 months of their contract.  I thought it ran out the same time as Hazard's. 

We will do well to get £20m for him.

I think he'll go this summer, he'll be off to Real Madrid and I think we'll get good money for him, around £90-95 million and I really hope Courtois follows him there too, but I actually don't think they'll want to sign him anymore and I think he's going to get himself in to a tricky situation because of his inflated ego, he will attempt to run down his contract here but in all likelihood Madrid will sign another top keeper in that time and then he'll scramble to get a new contract here.

Hazard leaving will be a big blow because on his day he is a very special player, however he unfortunately isn't the player that is pulling this team through a season by the scruff of the neck, regardless of everyone else's form - he has the ability to do that, but not the mentality sadly - and this is why I feel although it will be a big blow, it won't be the end of the world as the money we get for him will allows us to bolster up our squad in the AM area where we are currently desperately short.

On 3/17/2018 at 6:05 AM, Michael Tucker said:

Peter Cech sends his regards...........:).

Oscar for £60 million, Ramires for £53 million send theirs. Neither were worth anywhere near that. Whatsoever. :)

And Cech has never been as good for Arsenal as he ever was for us. 

On 3/17/2018 at 6:03 AM, Martin1905 said:

Blimey, it's unlike us to let a player get down to the last 12 months of their contract.  I thought it ran out the same time as Hazard's. 

We will do well to get £20m for him.

He's one of the top keepers in the world. Even with a year left on his contract, he's still worth £40-50 million. 

Pickford went for £30 million last year. Courtois is better right now, even with a year left on his contract, in today's market. They are talking £50-70 million for potential replacements of the same level, so he must be worth more than £20 million even with a year left, no matter what you or anyone else says.

Chelsea won't sell him for £20 million. Not a chance in hell.

On 3/16/2018 at 5:25 PM, paulw66 said:

Yup,

Courtois and Hazard are not the problem why we are 5th.

We need to improve at RWB, CM and we need better depth in forward positions. 

No, we need 5.

We need at least one, if not two wingers, a world class striker, possibly a world class CM, and definitely a world class CB - Barcelona have shown us to be glaringly lacking in that regard - we need someone at their peak, to help Christensen mature -  to be competitive at the highest level again. If Courtois goes, then we need to replace him too. We need to spend about £300-400 million, even with Zouma and RLC coming back into the squad. 

If Hazard and Courtois stay, we'll still have a huge kitty due to increased income and player sales. We spent £230 million this season, when we didn't have CL football last year, had to pay off Adidas and made an operating loss. So it follows with increased income this year, we have more to spend.

As I keep saying - this year we have CL money (about £50-60 million at least), we have the first Nike payment (£60 million), and we don't have to make a £40 million payment to Adidas. So we're up £150 million on last year in real terms at least. 

My guess is if we don't sell Hazard, we can still make £120-140 million from sales. Bild are saying Chelsea want £53 million for Bats alone, and then there's Cahill, Luiz, Pedro, Moses/Zappacosta (one of them has to go) and some of the loan army. Add Hazard and Courtois and you have about £150-200 million more at least IMO.

We have the money. It's how we spend it which is important. 

9 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

We need at least one, if not two wingers, a world class striker, possibly a world class CM, and definitely a world class CB - Barcelona have shown us to be glaringly lacking in that regard - we need someone at their peak, to help Christensen mature -  t

I love this - not just that we should buy WC strikers as if the £60m one we got was too cheap for us, but we need a WC Nursemaid for Christensen (who is 22 next month).

39 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

He's one of the top keepers in the world. Even with a year left on his contract, he's still worth £40-50 million. 

Pickford went for £30 million last year. Courtois is better right now, even with a year left on his contract, in today's market. They are talking £50-70 million for potential replacements of the same level, so he must be worth more than £20 million even with a year left, no matter what you or anyone else says.

Chelsea won't sell him for £20 million. Not a chance in hell.

We might not have much choice. If nobody is willing to pay what we want or what you think he is worth and he doesn't sign he walks away for nothing 12 months later.

Edited by Martin1905

We will get nothing for Courtois . Nothing . He's a snake and he wants the money in a big fat signing on fee .

19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We will get nothing for Courtois . Nothing . He's a snake and he wants the money in a big fat signing on fee .

Alternatively he has accepted "slave wages" from his old contract, missed out on the opportunity for a big pay rise, and has earnt his passage away.
I'm not sure refusing the bribe to sign more years away makes him a snake (though I agree our fee may be small)