• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

On 23 March 2018 at 6:35 PM, Vinod said:

Between 2004 to 2010 we were targetting the Champions League. Now we target Champions League spot. That's a drop.

Then we were probabl the top spending club in Europe, or at least in top 2 or 3 

Now we are barely top 10' and at I guess one third the level of the top 3 or 4. 

Shall I have a word with RA, or will you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinod   
10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Then we were probabl the top spending club in Europe, or at least in top 2 or 3 

Now we are barely top 10' and at I guess one third the level of the top 3 or 4. 

Shall I have a word with RA, or will you. 

I don't think the reasons have ever been a secret; which is why I don't like the idea of the manager being sacked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Yeah, if you say so Eden; actions speak louder than words.

He has done it quite a few times now, often quite well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GURJ SS   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

He has done it quite a few times now, often quite well.

Done what...played out of position? There's no such thing as playing out of position as a striker when your game is mostly as a supporting striker or there abouts. The more freedom he has been given the more inconsistent he has been. I don't doubt his ability for one second, but I doubt his mentality and aspirations; we can be a better team with a lesser quality player who actually uses their skills to their full potential on a more consistent basis. I'm not knocking Hazard's quality, but his engagement in games and his lack of commitment in punishing opposition teams/players. When there's a major international tournament he switches off, he does that at an elite club and he won't get off the bench, so of course he's happy to be at Chelsea; he can pick and choose when to play to his full potential and when to play a safe season and be injury free for his national team.

Edited by GURJ SS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Done what...played out of position? There's no such thing as playing out of position as a striker when your game is mostly as a supporting striker or there abouts. The more freedom he has been given the more inconsistent he has been. I don't doubt his ability for one second, but I doubt his mentality and aspirations; we can be a better team with a lesser quality player who actually uses their skills to their full potential on a more consistent basis. I'm not knocking Hazard's quality, but his engagement in games and his lack of commitment in punishing opposition teams/players. When there's a major international tournament he switches off, he does that at an elite club and he won't get off the bench, so of course he's happy to be at Chelsea; he can pick and choose when to play to his full potential and when to play a safe season and be injury free for his national team.

I think you should make your mind up.  Are you blaming Conte for playing Hazard out of position?  Or Hazard for accepting to be played out of position when you say he is unable to.  And in what way does either of these imply that Hazard is not engaged?

For my own pov, I think he was far better as an AM who was made to press by his manager - either JM or Conte 16/17.  Just like, Willian or Pedro or even Messi.  The 2nd striker allowed to take it easy for chunks of the game is a lesser player.  And it seems to me that is the Conte instructions this year.  I wonder how he'll be expected to play for Belgium when the WC starts (not that I'll bother watching).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GURJ SS   
43 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think you should make your mind up.  Are you blaming Conte for playing Hazard out of position?  Or Hazard for accepting to be played out of position when you say he is unable to.  And in what way does either of these imply that Hazard is not engaged?

For my own pov, I think he was far better as an AM who was made to press by his manager - either JM or Conte 16/17.  Just like, Willian or Pedro or even Messi.  The 2nd striker allowed to take it easy for chunks of the game is a lesser player.  And it seems to me that is the Conte instructions this year.  I wonder how he'll be expected to play for Belgium when the WC starts (not that I'll bother watching).

Thing is he isn't being played out of position, he simply has been told to push further forward into areas where he'll be able to hurt the opposition more(it's a freedom to roam rather than out of position), but when Hazard is on the ball he is deciding to bring the likes of Moses into play instead of taking the initiative; all this 'out of position' talk is just an excuse to mask that he isn't willing to influence a game like he would of done last season. Nothing to do with the manager, the player makes the choices when they're on the ball, Hazard has the ability to go in and out of players and put the ball in the back of the net, or simply switch the ball to the other side of the field and let Moses attempt to cross the ball; he chooses the latter over and over again.

It's not his pressing/defensive side that's the issue, it's his attacking side that's the issue; the issue being the lack of it. He went from a player who would spin and take on the next player with the 3rd having to bring him down, to receiving the ball and holding it until he's able to switch it to the other side of the pitch; or he'll receive the ball on the edge of the area and pass it out of the area or work it into the corners; he is currently doing nothing on a regular basis that makes him look top level. I'll tell you how he'll line up for Belgium, 100% top condition because he's been cooling down from this season for a while now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now