• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

paulw66   
11 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Only if we finish top 4 I feel. 

Arsenal are a shambles, and Spurs have a tiny squad.

 

If we don't finish at least 4th, I will be extremely disappointed and surprised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
On 5/24/2018 at 9:50 AM, Michael Tucker said:

Does he? What 'tools' are you referring to?

 

On 5/24/2018 at 10:19 AM, paulw66 said:

The way we play. Give him some other attackers to play with, who he can either pass to/from, or at the very least, they can occupy opponents defenders and give Eden more space.

When we play 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 whatever you want to call it, when Hazard gets the ball, we generally have 8 players goal side of him, and then only Giroud / Morata in front. His options are: 1. pass the ball backwards. 2. pass the ball to the no.9 or 3. dribble past the opponents entire midfield and defence all by himself

All 3 of these options are made all the harder because the opponents midfield and defence have virtually nobody else to mark of worry about because the rest of our players are not much further forward than the halfway line. 

The obvious direct comparison here is Sterling at City. He is far inferior to Hazard in every way, yet he has bagged 20+ goals this season without taking penalties. When City attack, they attack in numbers, and so each of them are not marked by 3 or 4 players each. 

Newcastle and Swansea away are classic examples.... trying to counter attack with 2 players, one of whom is Giroud who can't run very fast

I stand by the above. Has played 60 minutes or so and has 2 assists. We have more players forward either occupying defenders and or providing options. 

Hazard, Willian and Pedro and clearly enjoying the new style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

 

I stand by the above. Has played 60 minutes or so and has 2 assists. We have more players forward either occupying defenders and or providing options. 

Hazard, Willian and Pedro and clearly enjoying the new style. 

And so should you! 

It is a bang on assessment as far as I'm concerned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has looked good in his cameo roles so far. But there are bigger tests to come when the suns not shining and the opposition are better drilled, those were times last season where Hazard mostly went missing. He went missing for a while last season which shouldn't be forgotten, for all the praise at the moment and at the world cup he has to work on his consistency and end product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
10 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

He has looked good in his cameo roles so far. But there are bigger tests to come when the suns not shining and the opposition are better drilled, those were times last season where Hazard mostly went missing. He went missing for a while last season which shouldn't be forgotten, for all the praise at the moment and at the world cup he has to work on his consistency and end product.

Refer to my previous posts.

He went "missing" when we played with 5 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders and Hazard was paired up front with Morata/Giroud and our tactic was give him the ball and hope he would make something happen whilst being marked by 3 or 4 players. 

He will flourish this season as we will commit more men forward who will occupy defenders. 

Raheem Sterling scored 23 goals last season. Is he better than Hazard? No. He just played in a team that committed so many players forward that defenders were occupied by Aguero / Jesus / Sane / KdB / Silva / Silva........ Look back at Swansea or Newcastle away last season. Was painful to watch. Hazard would get the ball and was left with 2 options, 1) try and dribble past 5 players and shoot, or 2) the only forward pass he could make was to Giroud, who can't run. Impossible task

Edit - the 3rd goal on Saturday. Lots of players committed to the attack which allowed Hazard to go one on one, beat his man and make a goal. 

Edited by paulw66
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Refer to my previous posts.

He went "missing" when we played with 5 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders and Hazard was paired up front with Morata/Giroud and our tactic was give him the ball and hope he would make something happen whilst being marked by 3 or 4 players. 

He will flourish this season as we will commit more men forward who will occupy defenders. 

Raheem Sterling scored 23 goals last season. Is he better than Hazard? No. He just played in a team that committed so many players forward that defenders were occupied by Aguero / Jesus / Sane / KdB / Silva / Silva........ Look back at Swansea or Newcastle away last season. Was painful to watch. Hazard would get the ball and was left with 2 options, 1) try and dribble past 5 players and shoot, or 2) the only forward pass he could make was to Giroud, who can't run. Impossible task

Edit - the 3rd goal on Saturday. Lots of players committed to the attack which allowed Hazard to go one on one, beat his man and make a goal. 

Yes, fair point that was the cause of a fair percentage of his no shows. I do think there is also a mentality thing with him too sometimes he just doesn't look like he fancies it, yes theodds were stacked against him at the Etihad last season but he didn't even try and run at them just dropped deep and hid.

Like you say the conditions are now there for him to shine (I.e. not sole responsibility or even joint with Morata or whoever) he can dip in and out at will like he did with Belgium in the summer. Let's see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Refer to my previous posts.

He went "missing" when we played with 5 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders and Hazard was paired up front with Morata/Giroud and our tactic was give him the ball and hope he would make something happen whilst being marked by 3 or 4 players. 

He will flourish this season as we will commit more men forward who will occupy defenders. 

Raheem Sterling scored 23 goals last season. Is he better than Hazard? No. He just played in a team that committed so many players forward that defenders were occupied by Aguero / Jesus / Sane / KdB / Silva / Silva........ Look back at Swansea or Newcastle away last season. Was painful to watch. Hazard would get the ball and was left with 2 options, 1) try and dribble past 5 players and shoot, or 2) the only forward pass he could make was to Giroud, who can't run. Impossible task

Edit - the 3rd goal on Saturday. Lots of players committed to the attack which allowed Hazard to go one on one, beat his man and make a goal. 

Exactly. I expect Hazard to have about 30 goals and assists (combined) this season, thanks mostly to having at least 3 options around him when he has the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Refer to my previous posts.

He went "missing" when we played with 5 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders and Hazard was paired up front with Morata/Giroud and our tactic was give him the ball and hope he would make something happen whilst being marked by 3 or 4 players. 

He will flourish this season as we will commit more men forward who will occupy defenders. 

Raheem Sterling scored 23 goals last season. Is he better than Hazard? No. He just played in a team that committed so many players forward that defenders were occupied by Aguero / Jesus / Sane / KdB / Silva / Silva........ Look back at Swansea or Newcastle away last season. Was painful to watch. Hazard would get the ball and was left with 2 options, 1) try and dribble past 5 players and shoot, or 2) the only forward pass he could make was to Giroud, who can't run. Impossible task

Edit - the 3rd goal on Saturday. Lots of players committed to the attack which allowed Hazard to go one on one, beat his man and make a goal. 

Exactly this.

But I think this will prove equally true for both FBs, and all mids and attackers. We'll likely score at least 20 goals more than last season in the PL alone. Probably more than 80 goals scored at this rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kezza   

Hazard is now happier at Chelsea than under Mourinho and Conte. Even he is now addicted to Sarri-ball and even feels that internationals are a bore!

‘I want to keep this momentum. The bad thing is now we go to the national team, we want to just keep playing with Chelsea and win games!’

 

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/02/its-completely-different-from-conte-and-Mourinho-eden-hazard-loving-maurizio-sarris-new-chelsea-7905241/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now