• Current Donation Goals

Leo91   

Are they drunk ? Why would Mourinho go back to Madrid, and why would Perez want him back. Makes no sense. We have a serious problem if Eden goes without a top replacement. Perhaps a poor season in La Liga will be the nail in the coffin for Bale and we can swoop in. 

3 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Are they drunk ? Why would Mourinho go back to Madrid, and why would Perez want him back. Makes no sense. We have a serious problem if Eden goes without a top replacement. Perhaps a poor season in La Liga will be the nail in the coffin for Bale and we can swoop in. 

Who are they going to hire?

Perez stayed friends with Mou. Also, how is it that people forget that Mourinho actually was very successful at Madrid? 

That was Pep Guardiolas best ever Barcelona team Mourinho beat. Even ignoring all of that, Madrid will re-hire Jose for the same reason that United will think twice about seriously firing him - who is better around?

Hazard should want to work with Jose again as well. Still the guy who coached him when he had his best ever season and won a PL title (this season may very well trump that season though).

21 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Perez stayed friends with Mou. Also, how is it that people forget that Mourinho actually was very successful at Madrid? 

Same way I guess as how people forget that Mourinho has actually been very successful with Man U,  (and every other club he has been at so far).

BTW - Surely if Lopetegui is to be sacked, it is so that RM can hire their original target - which was surely Conte.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

BTW - Surely if Lopetegui is to be sacked, it is so that RM can hire their original target - which was surely Conte.

Honestly, Droy, I don’t think anyone particularly went in for Conte last summer. 

But if it is Conte, I reckon that would leave us in a stronger bargaining position with Hazard.

Simple reason is that Hazard doesn’t seem hugely fond of either coach.. but if I moved, I’d atleast want to move to the guy who successfully motivated me to produce consistently over an entire season and win an individual award in the process. 

Hazard has given us more years than I expected, and I wouldn't begrudge him his dream move. But continuing comments like these aren't particularly classy.

9 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Honestly, Droy, I don’t think anyone particularly went in for Conte last summer. 

Yet pretty much everyone thought he was trying to get out of his contract last year - most of all Chelsea who kept him technically employed when it was 100% clear his job was over.

And then RM employed Lopetegui 3 weeks after he had signed an extension to his Spain contract, clearly RM had been waiting on someone.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Sciatika   
6 hours ago, Orange Blue said:

Hazard has given us more years than I expected, and I wouldn't begrudge him his dream move. But continuing comments like these aren't particularly classy.

I suspect that he is simply answering questions in an honest way. I suspect that, had you asked him six years ago, he would have liked a move to RM (albeit being nervous about his chances in that side) because he probably knew more about them. He moved to Chelsea where he could develop further. There have been ups and downs, but he seems happy now under Sarri. But since joining Chelsea, he has seen his young family settle in, the birth of two new children and suddenly, like all of us, the problem of where to work becomes much more complex. It's not just about where he is happy, but where his family is happy. I suspect that some days he wakes, especially on those cold winter mornings, and thinks playing in Spain would be nice but on other days he sees his family happily settled and wonders whether he would be happier staying.

13 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I suspect that he is simply answering questions in an honest way. I suspect that, had you asked him six years ago, he would have liked a move to RM (albeit being nervous about his chances in that side) because he probably knew more about them. He moved to Chelsea where he could develop further. There have been ups and downs, but he seems happy now under Sarri. But since joining Chelsea, he has seen his young family settle in, the birth of two new children and suddenly, like all of us, the problem of where to work becomes much more complex. It's not just about where he is happy, but where his family is happy. I suspect that some days he wakes, especially on those cold winter mornings, and thinks playing in Spain would be nice but on other days he sees his family happily settled and wonders whether he would be happier staying.

Wow, put like that he seems , I don't know , almost human.

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Wow, put like that he seems , I don't know , almost human.

The same arguments were made with Courtois and Madrid................ by God, he was the devil. When it's Hazard, the same reasoned arguments become "human" 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

The same arguments were made with Courtois and Madrid

I think we all know the difference between these two humans. And by the way, nice to see Courtois making a bit of a hash of things in latest Real defeat. Stay where you are Eden, you know it makes sense!