• Current Donation Goals

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

The same arguments were made with Courtois and Madrid................ by God, he was the devil. When it's Hazard, the same reasoned arguments become "human" 

Totally different scenarios .

Hazard has been open and honest and given us plenty of notice to get things sorted he's been fulsome in his praise of the club , England and how happy his kids are in school here .

Courtois was sly and disingenuous from the off ,  constantly spouting off about what a great player he is and how wonderful Spain is and how great Madrid are , we managed to salvage a fee at the last minute purely because Marina was on the ball and realised the game he was playing .

If Hazard decides he isn't going to sign we will know shortly , we didn't know what Courtois was actually going to do until the last minute because he kept leading us on. 

At the end of the day Paul it's about personalities , Hazard , happy go lucky , Courtois stone faced big head.

Maybe some of us identify more closely with Hazard...

^ and I would add, openly saying how great it would be if Eden joined Madrid and that he should come over from the dark side (or pretty much words to that effect). Can players actually say those things? If we were Man United for instance that sort blatant coaxing could affect club share prices.   

The thing is a world class player like Eden wants to win the games top prizes and play in the biggest tournaments. I totally get that. I also think he enjoys playing for us now and is settled here. We as a club need to look like we are heading in the right direction, and not only qualify for the CL but have a realistic of winning it again. If we can do that, we have a chance of keeping him. We need to make a statement in the next window and buy a top forward. 

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

I think we all know the difference between these two humans. And by the way, nice to see Courtois making a bit of a hash of things in latest Real defeat. Stay where you are Eden, you know it makes sense!

Courtois does at least get a hand to it and make a save.

The defender on far post hasn't a clue, the man marking the guy is not even near, the 2 guys on near post just let the scorer nod it in.  Courtois the least guilty of the 5.

Jasonb   

Conte is one of the names linked with Real Madrid, now that would be ironic if Hazard gets his dream move only to find again he needs to play defensive football under Signor Conte.

Jasonb   

Funnily enough I have no hard feelings if he goes, think he has been a good servant to the club (ball boy incident apart and even then there was provocation), the crucial thing is how we compensate the squad so we don't lose momentum should our talisman depart.

The worrying thing is that according to Simon Johnson (evening standard and big Chelsea supporter), Chelsea Haven't spoken to him about a new contract since December, when they offered him 300,000 a week.

When you consider Ozil is suppost to be on 350k a week, and Sanchez is on 500k a week, its an insult.

CHELSEA SHOULD PAY HIM ANYTHING HE WANTS, said Jason cundy last night on talk sport.

and he's right, if he goes you have to buy a player to replace him and with wages on top, how much is that going to cost?

his price will start to drop come Christmas, Real Madrid know this and so does Chelsea.

Ham   

I see that Sky are doing their best to undermine us at a time when we're pushing their darling Dippers and ADFC at the top by constantly covering the "Hazard situation" in a bid to unsettle him.

I despise Sly Sports.

2 hours ago, Ham said:

I see that Sky are doing their best to undermine us at a time when we're pushing their darling Dippers and ADFC at the top by constantly covering the "Hazard situation" in a bid to unsettle him.

I despise Sly Sports.

I very much doubt it's unsettling him at all... he's given an honest interview where he says he's in the position whereby if he moves to RM he'll be happy, and if he stays at Chelsea, he'll be happy. He's clearly very happy right now and nothing Sky report will have any bearing on what happens in the future.

xCELERYx   
14 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

^ and I would add, openly saying how great it would be if Eden joined Madrid and that he should come over from the dark side (or pretty much words to that effect). Can players actually say those things? If we were Man United for instance that sort blatant coaxing could affect club share prices.   

The thing is a world class player like Eden wants to win the games top prizes and play in the biggest tournaments. I totally get that. I also think he enjoys playing for us now and is settled here. We as a club need to look like we are heading in the right direction, and not only qualify for the CL but have a realistic of winning it again. If we can do that, we have a chance of keeping him. We need to make a statement in the next window and buy a top forward. 

A big part of keeping him will come down to signing some quality players to help reduce some of the heavy reliance on him, but to also show that the club are serious with their intentions to compete in the now for both the PL and CL. Another sloppy transfer window and I think there's a good chance he'll pack it up, unfortunately.