• Current Donation Goals

I dont think it matters what we offer him, who we bring in or how well we do this season. If they want him he will go.

The question is do they really want him? 

kev61   

I think Hazard is very happy with us but the lure of Madrid must be massive.The notion that he is waiting for better players around him is nonsense,if that was the case he would have left after Jose's last stint.

seems to me he is weighing up his family life and his desire to play for the biggest club in the history of the game.

Kezza   
5 hours ago, kev61 said:

I think Hazard is very happy with us but the lure of Madrid must be massive.The notion that he is waiting for better players around him is nonsense,if that was the case he would have left after Jose's last stint.

seems to me he is weighing up his family life and his desire to play for the biggest club in the history of the game.

Hazard is a gentleman who will not upset the cart. He's a diplomatic and prefers the soft approach and thinks more about others the club and the fans more than himself. He's different from his other Belgian colleague. And for that reason most will be happy and accepting if he decides to go.

Edited by Kezza

4 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

They managed to shoehorn Nazi supporters on the same page , that's a win-win for SKY . 

paulw66   
14 hours ago, kev61 said:

Didn't someone else do that recently? 

paulw66   
On 10/9/2018 at 2:34 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Totally different scenarios .

Hazard has been open and honest and given us plenty of notice to get things sorted he's been fulsome in his praise of the club , England and how happy his kids are in school here .

Courtois was sly and disingenuous from the off ,  constantly spouting off about what a great player he is and how wonderful Spain is and how great Madrid are , we managed to salvage a fee at the last minute purely because Marina was on the ball and realised the game he was playing .

If Hazard decides he isn't going to sign we will know shortly , we didn't know what Courtois was actually going to do until the last minute because he kept leading us on. 

At the end of the day Paul it's about personalities , Hazard , happy go lucky , Courtois stone faced big head.

Maybe some of us identify more closely with Hazard...

The scenarios are very similar. 

Hazard makes similar comments with regards to RM that Courtois did. 

The bolded bit is purely guess work. When we signed Kepa he openly stated that the club had made contact weeks before the deal was done, so Chelsea obviously expected / knew Courtois was to jump ship. 

The key difference is that one is a much better player than the other. 

Irrespective of personalities, the scenarios are very similar, albeit Hazard has a more likeable character 

On 10/9/2018 at 3:34 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Courtois does at least get a hand to it and make a save.

The defender on far post hasn't a clue, the man marking the guy is not even near, the 2 guys on near post just let the scorer nod it in.  Courtois the least guilty of the 5.

If you read the Spanish comments on that blog (I do speak a bit of Spanish so I certainly got the jist) they are none to happy about Courtois role in that goal. He did get a hand to it but he was completely out of position.....and to make it worse it was in the 94th minute so no time to recover. 

4 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

If you read the Spanish comments on that blog (I do speak a bit of Spanish so I certainly got the jist) they are none to happy about Courtois role in that goal. He did get a hand to it but he was completely out of position.....and to make it worse it was in the 94th minute so no time to recover. 

Sure - but we all know that fans blame who they want to blame.  Interesting.  

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

The bolded bit is purely guess work. When we signed Kepa he openly stated that the club had made contact weeks before the deal was done, so Chelsea obviously expected / knew Courtois was to jump ship. 

I could be wrong, but I think had we bought Kepa in the Jan window we would have got him for about 15 mill, but then he signed a new contract and he cost us 71 mill a few months later. If we had known Courtois was offski in Jan we would be have gone in for Kepa then maybe.