• Current Donation Goals

22 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I could be wrong, but I think had we bought Kepa in the Jan window we would have got him for about 15 mill, but then he signed a new contract and he cost us 71 mill a few months later. If we had known Courtois was offski in Jan we would be have gone in for Kepa then maybe.

Maybe I imagined it, but if I recall right, Kepa signed a long term contract when RM showed an interest.  Courtois's on off flirting cost us more than we thought.

Bison   

It's quite obvious that Hazard will be leaving in the summer. He's trying to be as respectful as possible but we all know the score.

This is the kind of player you dream about playing for your club and to lose him at the peak of his powers is a massive blow.

I blame the club for their mismanagement and leaving us out of the Champions League two out of the past 3 seasons. You don't keep top players if you can't make the Champions League.

3 hours ago, Bison said:

I blame the club for their mismanagement and leaving us out of the Champions League two out of the past 3 seasons. You don't keep top players if you can't make the Champions League.

yes. The tragic thing about last season is if Conte had gone in January (either sacked or resigned) rather than that death by a thousand cuts, I believed the air would have been cleared of those toxic clouds and we would more than likely have made top four. If that had happened Hazard would have been less twitchy. We are a big club, a huge club and we cannot be waving an FA Cup around as if it saved our season. it aint enough for Chelsea or our big players.

On 10/12/2018 at 6:21 AM, Bison said:

It's quite obvious that Hazard will be leaving in the summer.

No more obvious than it seemed to me last summer he would be gone.
Actually a lot less obvious if we assume we'll have CL football next season

paulw66   
13 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I could be wrong, but I think had we bought Kepa in the Jan window we would have got him for about 15 mill, but then he signed a new contract and he cost us 71 mill a few months later. If we had known Courtois was offski in Jan we would be have gone in for Kepa then maybe.

I think you are right. I don't think we knew in January that Courtois was definitely off, but we certainly had wind of it before August. 

paulw66   
12 hours ago, Bison said:

It's quite obvious that Hazard will be leaving in the summer. He's trying to be as respectful as possible but we all know the score.

This is the kind of player you dream about playing for your club and to lose him at the peak of his powers is a massive blow.

If the above is true, why isn't he playing for RM now, when we don't have CL football and they have just sold Ronaldo for £100m?

They way things are going, we will have CL football next season, and if rumour is to be believed, RM would have signed Neymar or Mbappe, both who I believe are higher up their priority list. 

So seeing as an interesting debate has been cleaned out by the mods for being off topic lets return to topic. 

Eden is probably leaving at some point. Why is Eden leaving? Because last season the performance of the team, the poor performance of Conte, the poor performance of the board, the toxic atmos , lack of CL football this season, and the lack of attractive attacking football turned his head (probably). A lot of these issues can be funnelled back  to a singular incident IMO. An alleged but widely reported row between Conte and Marina where she allegedly told him he was only the f...... coach. it was so bad that that they never spoke again and communication between the two had to go through a third part (Carlo G allegedly).  Now if the players got wind of this incident they may have come to the conclusion that the Good Ship Conte was holed below the water line. They may have also concluded he would never be manager next season (which might have explained Willians confidence to deride Conte at the end of the season and Luiz's critisism of tactics mid season).  It would certainly have taken the wind out of Chelsea's sails. 

Yes I agree this incident had been building, but this major row is the straw that broke the donkeys back. It seems now we all acknowledge that there was probably a huge row (progress at least) but of course the precise details and subject are speculation and heresay (as are most things on topics).  If I had to take a wild shot, I'd say the heated discussion wasn't about the Strictly results. 

The main collateral damage for all this was Eden Hazards head being turned. 

Hope that's not too off topic

paulw66   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

So seeing as an interesting debate has been cleaned out by the mods for being off topic lets return to topic. 

Meanwhile the MODS continue to fill the transfer thread with links to their own stories of transfer rumours based on unsubstantiated nonsense, and the MatchDay threads with links on how to pay £8 to watch a Chelsea game on Now TV.

Sea foot   

To be fair though, unsubstantiated nonsense is the definition of rumours isn't it but I agree with the sentiment. All threads go off topic on occasion, that's the nature of conversations.