• Current Donation Goals

Anyone else think Hazard is just winding up the press? He knows anything he says will be gobbled up by the press, especially if it I anyway hints at something not good for Chelsea. I can just see him giggling to himself every morning seeing the press jumping on his latest soundbite. He isn't playing like a player that wants out and he isn't interviewing like that either, he's clearly loving his football, love the life he has here and for the moment I don't see a reason to rock the boat, unless of course we don't make the CL next season

paulw66   
42 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Anyone else think Hazard is just winding up the press? He knows anything he says will be gobbled up by the press, especially if it I anyway hints at something not good for Chelsea. I can just see him giggling to himself every morning seeing the press jumping on his latest soundbite. He isn't playing like a player that wants out and he isn't interviewing like that either, he's clearly loving his football, love the life he has here and for the moment I don't see a reason to rock the boat, unless of course we don't make the CL next season

Has crossed my mind. If I was in his position, that sort of thing would amuse me greatly. 

38 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If Madrid want him he will go, I think he's made that perfectly clear. However he has got just about every Chelsea fan saying, as much as we all want him to stay, we would all wish him the best if he does go there and none of us would begrudge him the move.

He's not pushing for a move away, he's not unhappy, it's not about money although he will get paid a fortune whatever he decides to do, it's not about wanting out of Chelsea, it's about realising a life long ambition. 

He's been so honest and open about it nobody is even bothered that he has run his contract down. I think he's played an absolute blinder.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

That Sky article is the interview he gave a while back... he doesn't really give a new interview every couple of days! 😉 I agree he doesn't look like a player wanting to leave, though. I guess it's all down to RM. If they come in with an offer that's acceptable to the club, he'll probably be off, but he's not going to rock the boat to force a move.

15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think the Crespo thing was much more complicated, and Chelsea really made an effort there. 
He took a property in SW6, and one night when he was out some bloke broke in and terrified his wife & sister-in-law - or at least something like that.  I'm sure the full details can still be googled.  Naturally the wife wanted out of London.

I think life in Cobham is very decent for anyone on a Chelsea salary, very near 2 airports, and with a very good International School close by where a number of player kids go.

He elaborated on his personal issues and regrets at not staying longer in an interview last year. https://readchelsea.com/2017/08/10/hernan-Crespo-reveals-chelsea-regret-honest-interview/

Class player. Often thought of as a flop by opposition fans but I've never heard a Chelsea fan say a bad word about him. Not the quickest but always one step ahead with his brain. Ghostly movement and clinical finishing, would be ideal in the current side. 

paulw66   
12 minutes ago, samhoward17 said:

He elaborated on his personal issues and regrets at not staying longer in an interview last year. https://readchelsea.com/2017/08/10/hernan-Crespo-reveals-chelsea-regret-honest-interview/

Class player. Often thought of as a flop by opposition fans but I've never heard a Chelsea fan say a bad word about him. Not the quickest but always one step ahead with his brain. Ghostly movement and clinical finishing, would be ideal in the current side. 

He was a flop in the sense that he signed a 4 year contract, and for 2 of those 4 seasons he was on loan elsewhere, and then left for nothing; but for the 2 seasons he was with us, he was superb. Brilliant player, and staunch Chelsea if you follow him on social media 

22 hours ago, Ham said:

Is it just me who doesn't mind the admin links?  You all know that you don't have to open them, don't you? 

I agree with you Ham.

7 hours ago, samhoward17 said:

Yep, I loved him.

Kezza   

I wonder if Hazard will still be looking to join the circus that is Madrid. Granted we were quite in a mess sometimes but at least we play good football now and we have a manager that suits the vision of the players and the fans. Can't say the same about Real.

paulw66   
31 minutes ago, Kezza said:

I wonder if Hazard will still be looking to join the circus that is Madrid. Granted we were quite in a mess sometimes but at least we play good football now and we have a manager that suits the vision of the players and the fans. Can't say the same about Real.

They've got a lot of key players that will need replacing in the not too distant future too. Ramos (32), Marcelo (30), Modric (33), Benzema (nearly 31), Bale (29 and broken) .

Got a huge rebuild on their hands over the next 2 or 3 seasons. 

My gut feel is that they will go big for Neymar or Mbappe in the summer. Surely the time to get Hazard, if they really wanted him, was the summer just gone. Ronaldo had been sold, and we had failed to qualify for the CL and Hazard coming off the back of a great WC.