• Current Donation Goals

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

They've got a lot of key players that will need replacing in the not too distant future too. Ramos (32), Marcelo (30), Modric (33), Benzema (nearly 31), Bale (29 and broken) .

Got a huge rebuild on their hands over the next 2 or 3 seasons. 

My gut feel is that they will go big for Neymar or Mbappe in the summer. Surely the time to get Hazard, if they really wanted him, was the summer just gone. Ronaldo had been sold, and we had failed to qualify for the CL and Hazard coming off the back of a great WC. 

I agree, I think they'll go for Mbappe and maybe Neymar, but wouldn't be surprised if they tried to go for Kane and/or Eriksen from Spurs. Hazard will still be on the radar for them though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at Kante from our squad as well.

26 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I agree, I think they'll go for Mbappe and maybe Neymar, but wouldn't be surprised if they tried to go for Kane and/or Eriksen from Spurs. Hazard will still be on the radar for them though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at Kante from our squad as well.

Kante is another who will have only two years left on his contract this summer, we should really be looking to tie him down as well. He deserves a pay rise.

Sea foot   

I am just enjoying Hazard being with us at the moment.

Perfect timing for this thread as well. Page 666 on Hallowe'en.😈🎃🎃

Edited by Sea foot

Kezza   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

They've got a lot of key players that will need replacing in the not too distant future too. Ramos (32), Marcelo (30), Modric (33), Benzema (nearly 31), Bale (29 and broken) .

Got a huge rebuild on their hands over the next 2 or 3 seasons. 

My gut feel is that they will go big for Neymar or Mbappe in the summer. Surely the time to get Hazard, if they really wanted him, was the summer just gone. Ronaldo had been sold, and we had failed to qualify for the CL and Hazard coming off the back of a great WC. 

And then they have a disrespectful keeper whom I'm inclined to think Hazard has seen the true colors of and refused to condone his behavior.

bert19   
3 hours ago, Kezza said:

I wonder if Hazard will still be looking to join the circus that is Madrid. Granted we were quite in a mess sometimes but at least we play good football now and we have a manager that suits the vision of the players and the fans. Can't say the same about Real.

I have a feeling he's about to sign (or has signed) a new contract.  Don't know why,  just an inkling.  Hope I'm not wrong though.

I think we could be about to see 3/4 players renewing.  Rudiger is apparently about to and there must surely be a big offer coming for Kante? 

Edited by bert19

13 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Rudiger is apparently about to and there must surely be a big offer coming for Kante? 

I found Rudiger an odd one seeing as he only signed last year on a long contract, I am all for rewarding performers but equally you need to get some value form the existing contract.

So  Madrid will take Martinez purely as he has an 'understanding' with Hazard to join him there.

How bad is Hazard's injury? I have a horrible feeling it's one of those injuries where we're constantly told he's almost fit and he may be fit for XXXXdays game, but then ends up missing quite a few weeks. The latest quote on his fitness was from Zola last night: 

“He is looking quite good for the weekend [the home game with Crystal Palace on Sunday].

"Quite good"... hmmm.

Jasonb   

If Willian starts putting in stellar performances on the left we will soon know if the injury is serious. If not serious he would be itching to reclaim his place.