• Current Donation Goals

Sciatika   

Page 666 is over now.

Edited by Sciatika

xCELERYx   
19 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

He's doing it again isn't he.  Was hoping that this would be the season where he would really step up and go up a level, but again he has only turned up for about 50 percent of the big games so far. Can only hope that Higuain coming in sparks him into life again

He's been forced to carry the side yet again largely on his own, while also being picked to play a position he's vocally expressed his dislike for. All that aside he still has 10 goals and 10 assists, leading the team in both categories. Pedro is the only one who has really helped shoulder some of the workload when it comes to goals (he has 7). 

I think he'll end up leaving at the end of this season with the way things are heading currently. 

• Like 1

Jasonb   
2 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

He's been forced to carry the side yet again largely on his own, while also being picked to play a position he's vocally expressed his dislike for. All that aside he still has 10 goals and 10 assists, leading the team in both categories. Pedro is the only one who has really helped shoulder some of the workload when it comes to goals (he has 7). 

I think he'll end up leaving at the end of this season with the way things are heading currently. 

I think he would have gone at the end of last season if RM had made a big price offer, I think he will go anyway though might be PSG if RM don't come in. Don't think he can't wait any longer for a big club move with general aspirations for top silverware.

It will be interesting to see how he reacts assuming Higuain does become our no.9.

3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

I think its pretty clear he will leave if Madrid want him. It's been pretty clear for a while. This season will have very little impact on his decision.  

28 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I think its pretty clear he will leave if Madrid want him. It's been pretty clear for a while. This season will have very little impact on his decision.  

I disagree. At around game 6 or 7 I think it was, he said he was the happiest man on earth because if he stayed he was happy because he loved the club, loved the fans, loved London etc, but if he left for Madrid he was also happy because it had been his dream as a young boy to play for them.

I think if this season we had played attractive, attacking football that he was enjoying playing, he would probably be signing a contract extension and staying. Instead, he's seeing himself pushed into a false 9 position he doesn't enjoy (I think he'd accept playing it in an emergency if both regular centre forwards were out injured, but not as a deliberate tactic just because Mertens could do it in Italy), and that the club have done little to lift the creative burden that rests 100% on his shoulders. He's seen it all before... he even hinted at how he would see what players the club brought in before deciding his future. Based on transfers made, the club's response must sound like a loud '**** off!'

12 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I disagree. At around game 6 or 7 I think it was, he said he was the happiest man on earth because if he stayed he was happy because he loved the club, loved the fans, loved London etc, but if he left for Madrid he was also happy because it had been his dream as a young boy to play for them.

I think if this season we had played attractive, attacking football that he was enjoying playing, he would probably be signing a contract extension and staying. Instead, he's seeing himself pushed into a false 9 position he doesn't enjoy (I think he'd accept playing it in an emergency if both regular centre forwards were out injured, but not as a deliberate tactic just because Mertens could do it in Italy), and that the club have done little to lift the creative burden that rests 100% on his shoulders. He's seen it all before... he even hinted at how he would see what players the club brought in before deciding his future. Based on transfers made, the club's response must sound like a loud '**** off!'

You may be right Bob but I still think it's as simple as if Madrid want him he will go.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Agree very much here Bob. The club is not doing enough to persuade our most valuable assets to stay.

Well put Bob, wish the powers that be would listen. To be honest, Eden and N’golo are the only two current players I feel much affection for. Possibly Sideshow on a good day, Kepa and Rudiger. The rest simply don’t match up to our illustrious past.

Leo91   

Terrific player but I honestly have no affection for Eden. There are 3 teams above us in the league who don't have Hazard in their side and they're doing alright with 2 teams below us on our tail. If we can get a good price for him in the summer I'm not gonna be wiping any tears. I think a lot depends on CL football. Not the best time to go to Madrid in their current situation, but he's not gonna stick around for another round of Europa League.

Edited by Leo91

Ham   
56 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Terrific player but I honestly have no affection for Eden. There are 3 teams above us in the league who don't have Hazard in their side and they're doing alright with 2 teams below us on our tail. If we can get a good price for him in the summer I'm not gonna be wiping any tears. I think a lot depends on CL football. Not the best time to go to Madrid in their current situation, but he's not gonna stick around for another round of Europa League.

His family are very happy in London. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he stays, regardless of his Madrid ambitions. 

He's always been very straight with the fans and the club and he's shown a lot of loyalty thus far.  I've got a lot of time for him. 

If he goes, he'll definitely go with the blessing of the majority of Chelsea fans and he'll get a great reception if he comes back against us. 

• Like 1